Iseki 1910 help

/ Iseki 1910 help #1  

jaybirdt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910f
Hi all, great to have an iseki websight. I just took delivery on an Iseki 1910 but heres the problem. I live south of Buffalo and was not able to find a local tractor for sale. I purchased a tractor form a company in North Carolina .The dealer assured me the tractor would be in very good shape as they have a return policy with free return freight. When I talked to him on the phone he told me the tractor had about 1000 hours on it.When I recieved the tractor today the hour meter read 2000 hours. Should I send it back 2000 hours seems high to me? It is in very good condition and doesnt smoke at all. When I rented a trailer, the tractor had sat out all day in 18 degree weather it started right up. I towed it home at 55mph for 45 minutes half frozen it still fired right up. I only paid 3600 for the tractor but Im worried about having to do work to the engine before too long. By then my wife would send me out to live in the barn with it. thanks for your input

/ Iseki 1910 help #2  
2000 hours is just broke in. We have two Yanmars at the ranch that over 10k each. You should get at least 3000 more hours before it might need engine work, change your oil and filters religiously and “work” the engine when its running and it can last even longer than that.

/ Iseki 1910 help #3  
It would, of course, annoy me considerably if the dealer lied about anything; however, sounds to me like you're in good shape, and I'd sure keep it.

/ Iseki 1910 help #4  
I was told by an old head, hours on the meter are just for keeping track of service. A strong 2000 hrs is much better than one with 500 that has never been serviced or worse overheated. If it starts that easy, I would bet on it over a hard starter with less hours. I would contact the dealer and let him know you don't appreciate his misleading you.