Default Wanting an opinion

A friend is getting ready to trade in his tractor and offered it to me for the price the dealer was going to give him, $5,000. It's a White Field Boss 37, 4wd, no loader. He is the original owner, all maintaince has been done on time, and the tractor was never abused. He mainly used it to pull a finish mower and haul some firewood.

I know it's built by Iseki, but I really know nothing about the brand. Does this seem like a good buy, or should I just let him trade it in? I can live without it, but I would like to have a smaller tractor to run a 5' bushhog, rake hay, and other small chores. I'm currently using a 70hp 4wd John Deere with a loader and a 1944 Farmall M. Those tractors are able to get the job done, but for some stuff the John Deere is too big and the M always needs tinkering with when I need it most it seems like.

Thanks for the advice.

Silver Member

Default Re: Wanting an opinion

I tried googling "White Field Boss 37" does not seem to be a lot of info out there.
    Try searching here to see if anything comes up

I haven't really found much info anywhere, including here. I found a few for sale, and some spec sheets of the tractor when new, but that's it.

WHITE Tractors (Less than 40 HP / 4WD) for Sale | Used WHITE Tractors | Fastline.com

1987 WHITE FB37 Tractors | GINOP SALES Williamsburg, MI #49453

IRON Search - 1987 AGCO White FB-37 Tractor For Sale By in USA

It makes me think that either I'm getting a deal, or these ones are grossely overpriced with optimistic dealer markup. They only made the 37 for 3 or 4 years, so that tells me hard to find parts and not much info. I could be wrong though, I don't know.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 1845C skidsteer

Here are some specs. Looks like it sould for 11K in the 80's.

TractorData.com White Field Boss 37 tractor information

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Three words of caution.....parts, parts, parts.

Quote Originally Posted by LMTC View Post
    Three words of caution.....parts, parts, parts.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I borrowed it yesterday and worked it for about 3 hours. Everything worked good on it, but I ended up telling the guy I didn't want it. If parts were easy to get I probably would have bought it, but with my luck something dumb would have sent the tractor to the junkyard just because i couldn't get the part.

Veteran Member

Parts coverage is pretty good on the Iseki tractors. Like any tractors of that age there are obsolete parts. I do have a FB37 4wd parts tractor. If it is in good condition & you don't abuse it, I wouldn't be scared of it.