Mitsubishi KE70 to KE75?

/ Mitsubishi KE70 to KE75? #1  

Ilikeurtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1300F/TX1500/ TX2160F/TS2220F/ Satoh S370D/S373D
Hi all,
Just wondering from those who are familiar with the Mitsubishi KE70 and KE75 engines - is the KE75 just a bored out KE70? The reason I'm asking is I may need to rebuild a KE70 and if I need to buy new pistons and/or bore it out, it seems like I should just take it to the same bore as the KE75 and get some extra power while I'm at it - I'm at a high elevation and take a 20-25% hit as it is due to the lower air pressure. According to the user manual the KE75 has the same stroke as the KE70 and the bore is 0.200" over. I'm thinking maybe Mitsubishi made some blocks that had flaws in the cylinder walls at the KE70 bore size so instead of scrapping them, they just bored them to the KE75. From what I can tell off of some web sites that have pictures of head gaskets, they do look different however. Any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

/ Mitsubishi KE70 to KE75? #2  
The KE75 is not a bored out KE70. For one thing the rod bearings are different.

/ Mitsubishi KE70 to KE75?
The KE75 is not a bored out KE70. For one thing the rod bearings are different.

Thanks. I just received the service manual yesterday and see where there are quite a few differences. At first glance I thought they were pretty similar based on what I found in the operators manual.