Glow Plug

/ Glow Plug #1  

Anonymous Poster

In previous posts have advised about my wiring harness woes..on a TL 2300...FRIED.....maybe someone can help me figure out the glow plug....so as I rebuild the wiring harness I can get it right...before I disassembled the harness the glow plug wasnt working.....I must have a good engine as it would even start in the low 30's........
Problem 1.
On the left side of the dash is a button.....no not the horn that is one of the few things that works.....but next to it......when pushed this button makes the electrical idiot light come on........this is the only idiot light that works.......thought for a long time that this was the glow plug........but while takin apart the wiring discovered that the glow plug indicator is a resistor coil and has it's window over by the key......WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS BUTTON????
Problem 2.
The glow plug indicator never comes on nor do the actual glow plugs on the block get hot.......Lens12....thanks Bud....sent me a schematic.....yes, I need a manual BAD....any deals?..........the schematic shows that the glow plug indicator has a wire going from a terminal on the key switch, through the resistor, and back to a different terminal on the key switch........my wiring....which had been rebuilt once already I think......had 2 wires going to the correct terminals with a third pigtailed going to the resitor.....could this be right?..........or is the schematic right?..........then the other real question is...............how do you actually get the glowplug to work.......???????.............I imagine it is possibly a key position.............perhaps holding to the left?........well, enough for today.......thanks for YOUR help........

/ Glow Plug #2  
Dennis,
I have a TE 4270 (European equivalent of TL 2500F). Whilst not the same model as yours, wiring loom according to schematic in my parts catalogue shows a paired connection from terminals 17 & 19 of the key switch to the glow plug indicator and continuing directly to glow plugs.

To get the glow plugs to work, turn and hold the key switch to the left. The past 3 mornings we have had 4" snow, morning temp of -4 deg C. (25degF) It has taken about 30-40 secs in this position before firing. Glow coil indicator will show after 10 secs, but will not fire at this point.
Its on mornings like this you really appreciate the cab. Other tractor is a Kubota B6000. Now relieved of duties due to hypothermia exposure /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On mine, I do not have the button mentioned, but have a dash mounted on / off lever for the electric PTO clutch. Could your button be a push / push switch for the clutch? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Glow Plug #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...wiring loom according to schematic in my parts catalogue...)</font>

Hi Nigel,

If you have a scanner, post a partial pix of the wiring... and it will be easier to follow... (for me anyhow) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Glow Plug #4  
John,
Scanned copy of wiring diagram. Hope this clarifies

Attachments

• 233555-TE4270 Wiring Dia.jpg
    233555-TE4270 Wiring Dia.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,212
   / Glow Plug #5  
Attachment 2: Close up of switch connection

Attachments

• 233557-TE4270 switch wiring.jpg
    233557-TE4270 switch wiring.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,538
   / Glow Plug
WOW......JOHN.....this is fantastic.....the wiring diagram that was sent to me is different than this one.....but yours is TOTALLY wired like my glow plug and key switch........what manual did this come out of?

Mine doesnt have the PTO switch.....but gollllly gotta study this......THANK YOU so much

/ Glow Plug
or was it Nigel......either way.....GOTTA get a clear copy to print......when I tried it got totally pixely.......anyway that you could talk with me a bit and figure out how to maybe break it down into 3 or 4 sections that would be large enough to read and email it to me>>>>>thankkkkkks

/ Glow Plug #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...WOW......JOHN.....this is fantastic..... or was it Nigel......either way..... )</font>

Geez Dennis...

I can tell, it takes a lot for something to excite you... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Oh by the way... you're welcome... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Nigel... Thanks buddy! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How's the surveying business in the U.K...?

A few weeks back, it was near zero... and this gal surveyor was outside taking some shots... I felt so bad for her... it was deathly cold to be out for any sustained time... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Glow Plug #9  
Dennis,
Sorry, to keep size within forum limits means a reduction in definition. If you want to send me your email address on private forum, perhaps I could e-mail it to you?

Manual is genuine Iseki parts catalogue for TE 4270. Printed in Japan 1985 by Iseki Foreign Affairs Division. Was able to obtain on-line from a regional dealer only 9mths ago. Not bad considering it is a 17yr old model /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Glow Plug #10  
Thanks John

Nice to know I could be of assistance so soon after registering. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have viewed various discussions in the forums for nearly 2 years now, but never thought of registering until Iseki forum was created.

My surveying involves examination of problems in dwellings for insurance companies. Means I do not get as cold as some as I am usually in occupied houses. Housing market is bouyant in the UK at the moment, so this means I am always busy. More houses = More faults / failures.

Many years ago now, I was involved in ground surveying of river flood plains for local authorities to design flood defences. I still recall vividly bare skin freezing to metal ranging poles and theodolite, and waders filled to the thigh with freezing water and ice. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
The good thing about surveying is that there are many different disciplines. Experience made me wise. Warm work only now /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif