Tractor
    TU1700F

Default TU1700F Speedometer cable

Was trying to figure out why my hobbs and speedometer wouldn't work and found out why, the cable was broken, any ideas on part cost?, or cross over referances.

Thanks

Rick

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA270F, YM1510D

Default Re: TU1700F Speedometer cable

For my Hino, I found a cable at Napa that had the similar square end (gauge side) on the proper diameter cable. I cut the cable too length and I was able to salvage the crimp on piece that goes on the engine side, otherwise, I could have ordered the crimp on piece from Napa. Works great...

Tractor
    TU1700F

Default Re: TU1700F Speedometer cable

Keith,

Thanks for the input, I think I made a temp fix over the week end, I used the innerds of a blue colored crimp on wire connector available from any auto parts store or home depot, spliced the cable back to geather and it seems to be working now.
    I think what I thought was a speedo is really a japanese version of a tachometer. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
    Rick