TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #1  

RJB

Bronze Member
I have a couple of questions for you guys that are well versed in Iseki's.

1. Does the TL series have wet or dry brakes?

2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

I haven't purchased manual yet and don't want to tear into them just to find out. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks Rick

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes
Still wondering about the brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rick

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #3  
RJB,

Someone would probably have had to torn one down to know... I would suggest you go to the thread I started on Iseki Parts/Service.... most of the dealers should know the answer to your question... I'm pretty sure Sutton Tractor could easily answer your question as they have handled Iseki's for some time.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #4  
I am going from memory but as I remember the TL line is wet multiple disk. Wet brakes stay cooler and last longer, downside is they contaminate the oil quicker but is not really a problem, you should be changing it anyway as part of regular maintenance.

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #5  
I'll confirm what Buck said. I just pulled my manual and checked. He's right on as usual.

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #6  
Thanks for the conformation Dave, I get tractors messed up in my head sometimes and I didn’t feel 100% positive and I'm miles away from my manual.

Thanks for all the info. I'm still considering keeping the TL1900 for my own personal machine(at least till a better one comes along). : /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Rick

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #8  
RJB, "my own personal machine".....

I've said that so many times that it makes my wife laugh. I'll get a load in and declare one of them as my personal machine. I'll tell my employees not to sell it for anything less than $3 million. A month or so later, something else comes along and I reduce the price by 99.5%, and declare another tractor as mine. My current favorite is a FX28D, but I have a TA275F with a full cab coming in this week....and I think the FX28D is now for sale.

Dave,

Only my 3rd change in my (personal machine) in 12 months.
How many can I get by with? Sounds like your experienced.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Rick

/ TL 1900 / Dry Brakes vs. Wet Brakes #10  
Rick, about 4 per year, or you will lose credibility /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I drove (and sold) a new Branson 4520 recently, and now have a favorite new tractor. That Yanmar 4-cylinder 45hp engine is smooth and very quick to build rpms.