Oil & Fuel Iseki G154 engine add-on

/ Iseki G154 engine add-on #1  

Dannydjw

Tractor
Bolens Iseki G154:,Ariens HT16,model 934: Honda Harmony 1011 ride-on mower converted to 16 HP B&S twin Vanguard
Does anyone know if you can install some kind of Tachometer/hourmeter on a T1300f 2 cyl diesel.
Also, should there be a grease fitting on the oscillating pin for the front axle on the 4x4?
thks

/ Iseki G154 engine add-on #2  
Does anyone know if you can install some kind of Tachometer/hourmeter on a T1300f 2 cyl diesel.
Also, should there be a grease fitting on the oscillating pin for the front axle on the 4x4?
thks

I don't think you could install a meter like the newer (3-cylinder diesel) tractors have since I'm not aware of a take-off for the cable on the 2-cylinder engines.

You could possibly rig up a magnetic sensor off the crankshaft that could do this though. Search ebay for diesel tachometer there is one I saw that will do hours and engine speed for about $40. Not sure how easy it would be to install (how much room and where you would install it) though but it should be possible.

If you're more interested in just hours you could hook up an hour meter that runs when the key is on (a 12vdc hour meter they are common and cheap on ebay) and this would be close enough in my opinion as long as you turn the key off when you kill the engine.

If you mean the pivot pin on the axle mine doesn't have one either. It probably would be good if it did though.

/ Iseki G154 engine add-on
thks for the ideas. Will give ebay a try

ebay did the trick, i put the magnet on the front pto, between the splines and made a bracket for the pickup. When the engine is running it reads rpm, when of, it reads hours and is always on. lcd display uses minimal power with it's internal battery.
thks again for the help

/ Iseki G154 engine add-on #5  
That sounds great! What meter did you buy? I would be interested in doing the same project since the only meters these came with are the three warning lights, that do not tell you much. Thanks!

/ Iseki G154 engine add-on #6  
There is also the "tiny tach" for diesels. It has a transducer you bolt on to an injector line and it senses the pulse for each fuel injection and uses that for engine rpm calculations. It works ok when it's warm outside, but it will report "low voltage" when the temp drops below about 30 deg. F. I'm guessing it has to do with the digital circuitry.

I've seen Satohs that have a mechanical rpm meter on the 2-cylinder diesels (KE70s) since my post above. I've never seen them on the 2-cylinder Bolens. I'd investigate that option moving forward.

Hi Mitch
The brand is called Andytach and is sold on ebay. You place a small round permanent magnet on the front of the eng pto shaft between the splines then make a bracket to pickup a magnetic signal at every revolution.
I am not using my front pto by the way.