Ignition Shut Off

/ Ignition Shut Off #1  

thadius2123

Tractor
Iseki Landhope 160
Just bought (my first) tractor. An Iseki Landhope 160 (TU160F) 1984-86, 3 cyl diesel, 4wheel drive. Ignition switch works fine to start it (even the counter clockwise position to warm glo-plugs seems to work ok). PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN YOU SHUT IGNITION SWITCH OFF, TRACTOR KEEPS RUNNING. Only way to shut it off is to pop the clutch in gear & stall it out. Don't wanna do THAT too often! I don't know I'm looking at a defective switch -or- is the problem elsewhere. I don't know enough about diesels to know what actually shuts it off. Cutting off fuel supply to electric fuel pump? Grounding out something? Yea, I'm a novice at this! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Tad

/ Ignition Shut Off #2  
I don't know about your specific model, but I have a manual for an Iseki TS1610, which is likely similar. It shows a lever or knob on the lower left side of the dashboard. That is the stop switch/lever. Pulling or sliding or manipulating it somehow will stop the flow of fuel to the engine, shutting it off. On most of these old Japanese compact diesel tractors, there isn't any fuel pump or solenoid that is key controlled, the engine is shut down by manually stopping fuel flow, either by the throttle lever or a separate knob/switch/button.

/ Ignition Shut Off
Thanks for the help. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any sort of button, lever whatever. Ignition switch shows "on" & "off" in english. Practically every other word on all controls, etc is in Japanese. I've tried in vain to find a service manual for this particular model. Guess I'm just gonna have to get down & dirty and try to locate the fuelpump/solinoid and try something on that end!? Thanks again, Tad

/ Ignition Shut Off #4  
Thad, I have a TU 180F and mine stops by just turning the key to the off position. Sorry I can't be of more help.

/ Ignition Shut Off
Thanks, Bilko. You forestalled me from tearing into things unknown. From what I've learned, your TU180F is the same as mine except it's 18 horse instead of 16, so it stands to reason that the set ups would be the same! (Don't know where there's any service manuals available, by chance?). So, I guess it's back to looking for a wiring problem after all! Thanks again, Tad

/ Ignition Shut Off
Eureka !!! (Maybe?) After reading that thread and viewing the accompanying photo and description, it sure looks like that could be the culprit. Espescially when one of the (6) terminal lugs on the back of the ignition switch has his "thin blue wire". Now, if I can get out of taking my wife out to dinner tonight (she's tired of Thanksgiving leftovers already!), I can find out for sure!!!!! Gratefully, Tad

/ Ignition Shut Off #8  
A smart man will go to dinner the tractor can wait.

/ Ignition Shut Off
Good tip,,, and to add, that tractors attitude will NEVER change. Regardless of how long it sits out there. ;)

Sage advise from both of you.........especially since I expected her to get under the tractor with me........Anyway, dinner went great, got a good nights rest, now, where did she hide my metric wrenches....????