starter solenoid

/ starter solenoid #1  

marthaiseki

Tractor
Kioti CK35 TYM 237
hi guys:thumbsup: the starter solenoid is not working properly on the tu1900. think the points are not opening (or closing?) so wont engage starter, has anyone got a compatible number to get a pattern part solenoid or managed to get one appart to repair it? i had a look on ebay and seems this solenoid may be similar to various others but would like to confirm. thank

/ starter solenoid #2  
I dont know where you are; but I bet within a short drive distance is a shop that rebuilds starters, generators, and alternators.............THEY can and will fix you up by a rebuild or outright replacement.......GOOD luck and God bless.......Dennis

/ starter solenoid
im in the uk. i managed to get the solenoid to bits and there was lots of corrosion in there, i think with a clean up we can put it all back together and all will be ok

/ starter solenoid #4  
I have a Field Boss 37, I purchased used many years ago. The main problem I have had is the starter solenoid, rarely engaged the starter, but after many cycles of the ignition switch, it would finally start. I have had the starter rebuilt many times, but this problem would return in a short time, I just accepted this. Now that it's cold; as this evening, I could not start; but the solenoid would activate each time the ignition switch was turned, but never started. I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer to finally FIX this.

Thanks, Rich @ Oakland Tech

/ starter solenoid #5  
I have a Field Boss 37, I purchased used many years ago. The main problem I have had is the starter solenoid, rarely engaged the starter, but after many cycles of the ignition switch, it would finally start. I have had the starter rebuilt many times, but this problem would return in a short time, I just accepted this. Now that it's cold; as this evening, I could not start; but the solenoid would activate each time the ignition switch was turned, but never started. I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer to finally FIX this.

Thanks, Rich @ Oakland Tech

I have a FB 31 and it does the same thing on starting. The safety swithch on the clutch was bad.

/ starter solenoid
hi thats exactly what mine does, i thinks its moisture in the solenoid causing corrosion on the points. so they still make contact but the voltage doesnt pass through to the starter motor.
try removing the solenoid from the starter cleaning it up internally and then seal it up to make sure no moisture gets in.

/ starter solenoid #7  
OK - I take both suggestions and run with them. Give me a few days, I'll report back the results.

Cheers,

Rich

/ starter solenoid
my safety switch was also a bit gammy.

/ starter solenoid
well its all back together now and seems to work ok:thumbsup: its a bit of a chore but saved buying a new one... which i could find in the uk anyway!
you dont need to remove the solenoid from the starter, just bend the outer edge away and melt the solder, remove the gubbins clean up the points back together and away you go. prob about 3 hours? maybe less