Is this a scam? Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112?

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #1  

counselb

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1225
I purchased a tractor from an individual. The bill of sale states:
"Massy 1225 31HP 4 wheel drive Tractor, with power steering, shuttle shift and aux 3-point tilt. Serial #1008/6112"

I have a 1225 Operator Instruction Book. However, nothing matches up except the side view of the fenders. One of the MF dealers said it might be an Iseki repainted Massy colors with Massy 1225 decals.

Any idea about how I might find out what type and model tractor it is? Much of the writing on the dials etc. appear to be in Japanese.

Thanks,
RB

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #2  
howdy
it could be a Massey/Iseki tractor .. E3112 is an Iseki engine model number, Iseki makes small tractors for Massey and Bolens etc .. I think what you may have is an Iseki TM223 (with the E3112 engine) in Massey colors rebadged as 1225
The E3112 engine is still used in current massey tractors.
Check this link TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 1225 tractor information
Only thing that concerns me is the 31hp rating and shuttle shift, don't think thats right for a TM223/MF1225. The iseki TM223 has no writing on the dials, just a rev counter and a row of warning lights? Your tractor should have an ID plate stating the model/serial number and manufacturer? Nothing wrong with an Iseki though, mine has been fault free for 900hrs.

Last edited:
   / Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112?
Thanks Willi67. I've tried the links and am no closer to an answer.

Here's some more information. As stated above, I have a tractor I'm trying to identify. The Bill Of Sale states: "Massy 1225 31HP 4 wheel drive Tractor, with power steering, shuttle shift and aux 3-point tilt. Serial #1008/6112."

My dilemma is that all specs on the internet show the MF 1225 as having a 23HP engine, and 6 forward and 2 reverse gears, the fuel cap is forward of the steering wheel, where it, also, shows a door on top of the engine hood where the oil filler inlet is located as well the coolant filler inlet.

My tractor has 8 forward and 8 reverse gears with SynchroShuttle and a rear deck that looks more like the MF1540 than the MF 1225. The gas tank on my tractor is on the deck behind the driver's seat, and there is no door on top of the engine hood at all.

Any ideas how I might find out what model my tractor actually is?

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #4  
Have you managed to find a ID plate? On my iseki its next to the footwell on the transmission tunnel, shows the model and manufacturer ... where did you get the E3112 designation? off the engine or an ID plate ... coz the E3112 is an Iseki engine model used on numerous Isekis and Masseys.
The Japanese writing is a worry, it could be a grey import repainted as you say .. any traces of blue paint under the red? It sure does not sound like a iseki TM223

All i can think of is to post a picture of your tractor, maybe someone will recognise it.

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #5  
If it is actually 30hp, it sounds more like an Iseki TA270.

Attachments

• TA270.jpg
    TA270.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 733
   / Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #7  
I did some research and found that it looks identical to a Hinomoto Grey Market tractor from Japan. I think that it is a Hinomot N239. The tractor in this photo and ad is identical down to the shifter, and the fender hand rails, and the front end. I think that probably when it shipped, they re-tagged it as a MF because of the strick grey tractor importation laws due to not having the same safety features. Still a great tractor!

http://www.machineryzone.com/used/used-garden-tractor/1827761/hinomoto-n239.html#

Last edited:
   / Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #8  
I am sure now, after looking into it more. That would also explain why they took off the steering wheel cap. Hinomoto makes a very good tractor, and the decals that they put onto it is not that uncommon. They have re branded Kubota tractors as ZEN-NOH tractors for quite some time to get around the importation laws. Hope this is helpful.

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #9  
It looks like you can find manuals for it if you can find out where the serial number is. There are a few dealers in the US who sell manuals. From what I can tell, they sell the manuals: http://www.japanesetractorparts.com/index.htm
Hope this was helpful

/ Is it a Massy 1225 or Iseki E3112? #10  
Well spotted ... :thumbsup:
and an interesting tale, wonder what the OP will do, looks like a solid machine though