Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #32  
Andrew,
You seem mostly interested in the log splitter connected to G154 on board pump..
I did a little back of the napkin math.

Let pick a cylinder say 1.5" diam X 18" long

1.5" X 18" = 127 CI = .5 gallons

Our G154 hydro pumps can deliver 3 GPM at 1850 PSI
Not sure what RPM this is at But assume it's at the high end.

Ok:
One cycle out is .5 gallon and .5 gallon to return the cylinder.
That 1.0 gallon the 3 GPM pump needs to move per complete cycle.
That 1/3 of a minute per complete cycle.
20 Seconds per split. (10 second out 10 seconds in)

How much wood do you want to spit.
To me 20 sec cycle is a Little long but tolerable.

I suggest you research the cylinder size of the spliters your looking at
and do the math.

Dave

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #33  
I did a little back of the napkin math.

Let pick a cylinder say 1.5" diam X 18" long

I get a volume of about 32 cubic inches: 0.75[SUP]2[/SUP] x 3.14 x 18 = 31.8 cubic inches. At 231 cubic inches/gallon and 3 GPM pump output it would only take about 3 seconds (!!!) to extend the shaft. Retracting would be faster, since the shaft takes up some of the volume, but it would be weaker.

The Northern Tool version he posted uses a 4 x 24 inch cylinder. That volume is a little over 301 cubic inches, and would take 26 seconds to extend. I don't know how much the volume is reduced on the return side, but say it uses half the volume: That gives around a 40 second cycle time if it takes 13 seconds to return.

This also assumes the tractor is actually outputting 3 GPM through all of the hoses and fittings, and is running at rated RPM.

The powered version uses an 11 GPM two stage pump at 3000 PSI, markedly higher than the 1850 or so of the tractor. This means to get the same splitting force as the gas powered version he would need to use a 5" cylinder. This would take the one way extension time to 41 seconds at 3 GPM.

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed
Thank you guys very much for the help, I just have to decide if I really want to cut into my hydraulic lines. I do like the idea of the PTO hydraulic pump, but it almost doubles the cost of the splitter once you add the reservoir tank, the pump, and the lines. I have seen the screw types, and you can actually buy one that attaches to your post hole digger, but I worry about being so close to the moving pto shaft on the ground, and having my hands near the screw itself. I have to look into it a bit more, because it would be the cheapest route, and I do need a post hole digger, but I will have to do some serious research on the safety of these units. This is the one I was looking at: The Atom Splitter - Log and Wood Splitter - CALL 360.802.0299

Last edited:
   / Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #35  
Hi I have a bolens G154 two cylinder I need help on where the hydraulic hoses go to the two port Hydraulic manifold on the control valve There is a connection closer to the seat and one to lower part of the block do you know which ones pressure which one to return or power beyond anyone have any ideas thank you

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #36  
Hi I have a bolens G154 two cylinder I need help on where the hydraulic hoses go to the two port Hydraulic manifold on the control valve There is a connection closer to the seat and one to lower part of the block do you know which ones pressure which one to return or power beyond anyone have any ideas thank you

Do you have two hydraulic levers on the fender?

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #37  
I only have one lever for the three point hitch float up and down

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #38  
For a diagram

Type this in tot google
Iseki Tx1300 Hydraulic woes - Page 2

or try this link
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ydraulic-woes-bolens-hydro-suction-filter-jpg

In the pix
the lower line is pressure line out of pump (connected to valve).
the top line is the suction line connected directly to transmision.

Note: This is for OEM hard Plumed system
The Pump can be re-clocked and re-plumbed different thean OEM.

I hesitate answering Tractor Hydraulic plumbing question
because there is always a hidden question.

#1) This is all hard plumped, can't be hooked up wrong !

#2) You trying to add something to the system? See #1

#3) Be aware Tractor hydraulics can not be "turned off" or "dead ended"
There is no usable "static high pressure tank". Fluid must always be flowing.
If you try to "dead end" it, Tractor will stall or break something very $$$$$$$

#4) You cannot simply "TEE into the system" see #3 .
Special flow thur valves (3 connection valves) are required.

Good luck
Dave

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #39  
I Andrew did you ever figure out how to hook up the hydraulics on your bolens I'm having the same problem what did you find out Gregg

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #40  
Hi on the block is there a hole in the center that connects the lower bolt hole,to the upper bolt hole