Repower TX1510?

/ Repower TX1510? #1  

nebraskatreefarmer

Tractor
Iseki TX1510
Hi, I am looking for options for repair or re-power of an Iseki TX1510 (diesel) that I purchased on an auction with the smell of old gasoline in the tank and a picture window sized hole in the side of the block. I have located only one used engine in the last year and it was $1500 + freight. Any ideas on finding a block, finding a rebuildable engine, or re-powering this tractor with a different engine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ Repower TX1510? #2  
I've ran into two tractors that seemed to be contaminated with gasoline. Both surprisingly ran fine except one missed at high rpms. I don't know what the contamination levels were, i.e. how much % was gas vs. diesel fuel. It's hard to tell anymore (at least for me) a clear difference between diesel and gasoline by scent alone. I can definitely tell a difference by feel. Gasoline will feel much cooler on the skin and dry quickly while diesel will feel much more slippery and hang around longer.

Since you're looking at a replacement, the engines that will fit your machine are the Mitsubishi KE70 (power downgrade) or KE75 engines. Mitsubishi K3A and K3B (3 cyl) engines could maybe be modified to work (hydraulic pump is on opposite side and I believe the blocks are longer) but none of those engines can be easily had from my experience. It may be best to watch for a parts tractor with a decent motor for the same amount you mentioned (not easy, not fast, but possible), at least you will get some extra parts also. If you need it in a hurry you might have to pay the price.

/ Repower TX1510? #3  
Ok correction on my last post, looks like a TX1510 uses the K3B engine according to tractordata.com. If that is true, then a K3A should work too and the KE70 or KE75 would need to be modified.

/ Repower TX1510?
How would a Mitsubishi Kd3 (or maybe K3d) motor compare in block size, parts interchangability, etc? I think that the K3b is listed as 15 HP and there is around an 18 HP engine that I have seen listed somewhere for the Iseki line of tractor (could that possibly be a K3d motor?). Thanks

/ Repower TX1510? #5  
I don't have any experience with anything bigger than a K3B, but there are many more I've read about (K3C,D,E,..) I believe they should be the same block, but I can't say for sure. lens12 (Leonard Schaeffer) could help you with that question. Good luck.