Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f Grease Fitting Question

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f Grease Fitting Question #1  

NHmitch

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F
I just needed a bit of advice if anyone knows about the 4wd front gear case. case. There is one on each side, and there is a grease zerk on the top. I believe the grease goes into the socket that hold the front arm that looks like a silver bowling ball, I think its called the king pin. Sorry, I don't know the correct terms. The question I have, is I was greasing all of my fittings, and on both the right and left side on top of the gear case, I put a ton of grease in both sides. Is that normal for that grease fitting to hold that much grease? I think that it lubricates the front ball joint looking thing, but I just wanted to make sure. I put about 14oz of grease between the two, and I. If anyone knows if that is normal, that would be greatly appreciated.

Mitch

Its the silver ball looking part on the inside of the front tire in this picture that you can see behind the right front tire. The grease fitting is on top of this part of the gear case and is called the king pin.
ISEKI_T1300F.jpg

Last edited:
   / Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f Grease Fitting Question #2  
This from the manual:

"When assembling the front gear case to the axle housing, pack 100 cc (0.18 pint.) of grease in the king pin and thrust bearing.

Not sure if that helps or not. I don't think 100 cc's is enough to fill the entire cavity and I'm not sure if you'd want to do that anyway, but it's been a question I've pondered myself. I usually just give mine a few pumps to make sure *some* is in there.

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f Grease Fitting Question
Thank you so much for looking that up, I think that I may have put too much grease in, I had to take the plug out on the bottom, and drain some out. Thanks again!

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f Grease Fitting Question #4  
NHmitch,
When I grease my Bolens G154 (Iseki TX2140F) front hubs I also just put a few pumps in there. I don't know manual addresses this, I should look someday.