TX1500 Rotavator PTO

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO #1  

dantnz

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1500 & TX1300F
Hi All,

Just discovered this forum, wish I had found it ages ago!

Anyway, I have a TX1500 - I recently acquired an iseki Rotavator, of the type that originally would have operated on the paddy field. It is a custom fit to the tractor, you take the 3 pt linkage off to fit it.

The only problem is, I don't have a PTO shaft for it, does anyone know what type/length PTO to fit? A picture would be great if anyone has one running.

Many thanks,

Dan

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO #2  
Hi Dan,

I have the TX1300F, and I don't have the rotavator, even thought they were originally paired with them like you said. I do have pages from my service manual that I saved, and will post below. I looked online, and you can see a few videos where they have the rotavators hitched, however it is had to see the connection. The manual does show the connection, however I am not sure where you can acquire the part. One dealer in Europe is Yenibiz en Mod Manuals, parts, spare parts for tractors TX1500-0. They have quite a bit of parts for the TX1500. I hope that this helps a bit. If you need an more information from the service manual, please let me know! Hope all is well across the pond! Post a photo of you tractor if you get a chance, I would like to see it with the rotavator! Is the tractor new to you, or are you just getting equipment for it now? Anyways, I hope that this helps a bit! The 6th page down shows the linkage..

roto1.jpg
roto1a.jpg
roto1b.jpg
roto1c.jpg
roto1d.jpg
roto2.jpg

roto4.jpg
roto6.jpg
roto7.jpg
roto8.jpg
roto9.jpg
roto10.jpg
roto11.jpg
roto12.jpg

And some photos of my TX1300F

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg
IMG_3587.jpg
100_1842.jpg

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO
Awesome post, thanks, I think that gives me enough information. Looks like the shaft is just a universal joint rather than a full PTO shaft.

The pages you posted from the manual are fantastic, just what I needed. I have a pdf of the manual for the tractor only (posted below) not the attachment.

Just trying to dig up a few pictures of my TX1500, its in the barn right now, reconditioning the starter motor. Would have been easy only Iseki have used really soft cross head machine screws, which have all been stripped, so I need to find some of those now too.

Overall its an excellent tractor, I have had it a year and it has been working hard all that time

Attachments

• Iseki-0100.jpg
    Iseki-0100.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 1,061
   / TX1500 Rotavator PTO
Here's another photo from doing some fencing a couple of months ago.

Attachments

• 2012-03-26.jpg
    2012-03-26.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 1,139
   / TX1500 Rotavator PTO #5  
Glad to help! If you need any other pages from the service manual please let me know, I am happy to help. I'll see what I can find from the section about the starter. That a very nice tractor! I am just about to purchase a post hole digger like the one that you have on the back. I was wondering how it worked for you. I have to put in about 20 posts for a pasture fence, and I was not sure how the tractor would do. It looks like you have a very nice set up there. Anyways, glad it was a help!

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO
Thanks Mitch, not sure if that universal is quite right, but will go have a look at the splines to check.

My post hole borer is a US made one, Greenline, there's a thread on them here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/37291-looking-feedback-greenline-post-hole.html

In truth it is just slightly too big for the 1500. The geometry of the link and borer is such that to get maximum depth, the borer only just clears the ground when raised. Its fine for me, but you have to take care when driving. The tractor is plenty powerful enough for it though, you don't need much power on at all. The hydraulics not so great, but it stops you forcing the tool faster than it wants to go. The only other issue is the lack of reverse PTO, so if you jam the auger, you can't 'unscrew' it out. I just unpin it and use a steel bar to back turn it. Happens a lot here because of the hawthorn roots and flint everywhere.

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO #8  
Hi Dan!

I found the pages in the service manual that reference the starter. I am not sure if they will be helpful, but it is worth a try. They are listed below. Sorry for the quality, but my digital manual is not much better. Hope this helps, and thanks for the information on the post hole digger. I am going to pick mine up this week, and it is very similar. I had not considered the ground clearance, but I actually modified my lift arms a bit by adding smaller lift arm leveling assemblies. I also am attaching the pages from the service manual, and I hope that it may help you a bit, at least with the breakdown of the starter. Take Care, and post some more photos when you get a chance!
liftarms.jpg

start1.jpg

start2.jpg

start3.jpg

start5.jpg

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO
Mitch, this stuff is gold! Many thanks.

I didn't even think of shortening the lift arms, but I don't think it will quite solve the problem with the borer.

By shortening them I then wouldn't get to full depth on the auger, and I need that more than I need ground clearance. What is stopping the borer arm lifting higher is not actually the link, but the borer arm support (the bit linking the bottom of the linkage to the arm) jamming as it gets to the top of its travel.

I could grind it out so it doesn't jam, but it has two good side effects. 1. it means you can't accidentally lift the attachment too high and bend the PTO, and 2. it makes the hole borer mush more rigid and stiffer when you need move the tractor with it attached.

I should mention that I only used the borer for the strainers and gate posts (6-8 inch) for the 3-4 inch round posts I just rammed them by hand - harder work but quicker.

Will post some pics when I've put the tractor back together. Just got some new machine screws to the starter is going back together today.

/ TX1500 Rotavator PTO #10  
Dantz, I have a TX1500F with a tiller, it is basicly a universal connection to the PTO shaft but i don't think its what NH posted the link to a picture of.
I will take a picture of it and post it tomorrow (were getting some much needed rain right now)