Power steering pump leaking

/ Power steering pump leaking #1  

Anonymous Poster

good ol TL 2300 working great.....since the wiring rebuild have probably 30 hours on it.......about every 3 hours I need to put in a quart or so of UTF in the steering reservoir.....YES I know I have a leak.......thanks.....any ideas where to start looking at the repair......does all the tin need to come off the front....does the radiator need to come out.......looked at the parts manual and it shows a couple of hoses going from the reservoir to the pump......hope it is something simple as one of them leaking......anyway.....if someone can give some thoughts.....have looked a couple of times at it but to tell you the truth, I cant even seem to identify the pump......guess I will follow the hoses and that must be the pump.......the big question is.......do I need to take off the tin to get a good look or is it from underneath possibly?.......thanks......

/ Power steering pump leaking #2  
You can look from underneath but there is no good way to get to the steering box. The pump is on the motor just up and to the right of your oil filter on the brake side. Is the oil leaking out on the ground or just disappearing?

/ Power steering pump leaking
Hey again.......finally took the tin off of the sides of the engine compartment..........if the power steering pump is on the front corner of the engine, there is a piece of tubing coming from the battery/radiator area going into it, then it isnt leaking as it is dry and clean.........power washed pretty much everything, and it seems to be coming from under the battery area......do I need to remove the battery, radiator, and assorted plates/tin to get into this area?......thanks

/ Power steering pump leaking #4  
The holding tank for the power steering is located in that area. You might be lucky enough that it is just the drain plug leaking. While you are checking you might as well change the fluid. My TL2100 had rust and moisture in it's tank.

Thanks for the thought.....hope it is something as easy as a loose tubing.......do I need to remove the radiator to get into this area........seems to be a plate under the battery that can be removed.......so does this come out also?.....how about the tin?

/ Power steering pump leaking #6  
The TL2100 I have is for sale on my lot. I will have to look at it closer to let you know. I don't remember removing much to change the fluids. Maybe a cover below the side panel.

thanks for the try..........am trying to find out where the leak is coming from........seems to be just under the tank......so how do I clear out enough stuff to get a really good look......thanks