G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #1  

MyG154

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bolens/Iseki G154
Greetings all;

When I bought my tractor, the prior owner had told me that he fried a couple of the ignition wires due to a fault in the starter/glow plug switch. The evidence proves this to be correct as I did find one wire melted along the entire length of the steering column. Prior Owner rigged up a bypass for that issue that seems to be working today, but doesn't quite meet my standards. So I was hoping someone might give me some advice on recreating a wiring harness for my tractor, or ideally locating a new one. I'd like to know if there are a list of wire sizes/colors available. Other than doing a strand for strand replacement, is there another way to go about this. Is there a chance that these harnesses and switches exist on the shelf somewhere? As for the cause of this, I am pretty sure I traced it to an issue with the battery post touching the instrument panel shroud.

I would like to replace the starter switch as well as a missing charge lamp on the dashboard.

Thanks all for any advice you can offer. - Mark

It's my first time creating a thread on this forum, so please excuse me if this goes awry.

Attachments

• DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 1,049
   / G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #2  
Greetings all;

When I bought my tractor, the prior owner had told me that he fried a couple of the ignition wires due to a fault in the starter/glow plug switch. The evidence proves this to be correct as I did find one wire melted along the entire length of the steering column. Prior Owner rigged up a bypass for that issue that seems to be working today, but doesn't quite meet my standards. So I was hoping someone might give me some advice on recreating a wiring harness for my tractor, or ideally locating a new one. I'd like to know if there are a list of wire sizes/colors available. Other than doing a strand for strand replacement, is there another way to go about this. Is there a chance that these harnesses and switches exist on the shelf somewhere? As for the cause of this, I am pretty sure I traced it to an issue with the battery post touching the instrument panel shroud.

I would like to replace the starter switch as well as a missing charge lamp on the dashboard.

Thanks all for any advice you can offer. - Mark

It's my first time creating a thread on this forum, so please excuse me if this goes awry.

Hi Mark, I am going to look through my service manual, because I believe that I have all of the wiring diagrams, also I had to replace the exact same warning light, and I bought it from Sam's Bolens. Sam's Bolens It came with the red lens, the assembly, the bulb, and the wires. I have also seen the starter switch on eBay, and I will take a look. I can also look at my wiring, and let you know what it looks like. Also, just FYI, I drained and flushed my radiator today, and found where the plug is, you have to remove the grill. I'll see what I can find tonight as far as the wiring diagram goes, and I'll post it if I can find it. I also adjusted my clutch today, and it was actually pretty easy, and it was grinding, and now it works perfect. It is the original clutch that came with the tractor. I post back in a bit..

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness
Hey thanks Mitch. Ive looked at eBay, haven't found any starter/glow switches yet. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the lead on the light. The back of it is still hanging, but the plastic cover is gone. Stripped all of the old plastics tape off the loom today. There's a wire that leads into the tranny that's fried. The tractor goes on for service this week, so I will ask the mechanic to replace the wire. I'm not sure what the wire does? Bought a new battery today and changed out the terminal clamps. She started real good after that. Looking forward to getting her back into shape,

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #4  
This is a photo of the dash warning light/charge light that I replaced and the decals that he made for me. I also replaced the steering wheel with a new Yanmar aftermarket wheel, since I could not find a new Iseki wheel, and I was not happy with the sparex one that I had purchased. I'm attempting to locate the wiring diagram right now, and i'll upload it when I do..

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #5  
I found these two diagrams in the service manual that may help, but they are a bit technical:

wire1.jpgelc2.jpg

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #6  
I have the complete wiring diagram pasted on the underside of the hood! I wonder if they came like that?

/ G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness
I too have this under my hood. Didn't find it until last week. Before I dropped off the tractor to the mechanic last week, I unwrapped the entire harness. Decided that it will be easier to replace the bad wires and then rewrap the harness.

Last edited:
   / G154 / TX1300F Wiring Harness #8  
A few years ago when I bought my TL 2300 my wiring harness was also fried. I ended up replacing the whole thing with a new one from Rainbow. Took perhaps a month to get it but worth it rather than Mickey Mouse type repair.
Funny later but looked and looked for a schematic and ended up purchasing a parts manual that included it. Later, I was working under the hood and looked up........there it was

God bless.........Dennis