TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help?

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #1  

willierides

Tractor
G174 (Bolens)
I am a new member here. I recently bought an Iseki/Bolens G174 four wheel drive with a bucket and finish mower. It had flat rear tire when I bought it. I removed the pin and can not get the hub to budge either by pulling (with a GOOD puller) or by twisting it (in case it's threaded on there). It looks like the hubs can be mounted two ways, with the rims inside the flange or outside the flange. Mine are mounted with the flange on the outside, so the hub must be removed to get the rim off.

Can someone tell me 1) how the hub is held on there once the pin is removed? and, 2) where can I find a reputable source for a good service/repair manual?

I posted this in the parts and repair forum. I think that was a mistake and apologize now for "cross posting". I'll be more careful in the future. Thanks!

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #2  
Hi, congratulations on your new tractor! I have a G154 TX1300F, and I have posted most parts of the service manual in other threads under the Iseki Forum, but the regular operation manual is free at this site: Bolens - Iseki Diesel Tractor Models The hub is not threaded on, it may just be rusted in place. Mine are turned around the opposite way from yours with the flange in, but either way, they are designed to just slide on and of once you take the pin out, in fact they will move a bit on the axel. I would try a good Penetrating Catalyst like PB blast and let it soak overnight. I have found that PB works better than WD-40. They do just slide on and off, so you may have to hit the tire with a rubber mallet to help. I bought my repair manual on eBay for around $5 on disk. I also have a source for the decals, and the paint, if you decide to re-paint yours, but I am not sure what condition it is in. I would check the oil, the air filter, the hydraulic dipstick, located next to the gear shift boot, and the coolant right off the bat. I actually have quite a bit of information about your tractor if you need it. Do you have any photos of your tractor? Also is it a two cylinder, or a three? You can usually tell because the two cylinder has the exhaust stack horizontal to the ground. I found this diagram for you in one of my manuals. I see what else I can finds for you, welcome to TBN, and again, you bought a great little machine that should work like a tank for you.

272906d1341976735-tx1500f-bolens-g174-service-manual-axel.jpg

Attachments

• axel.jpg
    axel.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 4,380
   / TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #3  
I also forgot to mention, if you don't have a ROPS (roll over protection) they have a program in NY where you can get one for your new tractor almost for free. I used the program in NH to purchase a ROPS for my Bolens, and I only had to pay roughly about $100 of the $800 for the ROPS. NY is one of the few states that offer the program, and thats where mine was administered out of. The links is: New York ROPS Rebate Program It is a really worth while investment since your tractor weights in around 1 ton with your equipment, and because they are a bit narrow, you can roll easier. Just an idea.

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help?
Wow. Excellent information! Thank you! At least I know it's SUPPOSED to come off. It's rusted and painted on there, I guess. Looks like I may need to borrow my brother-in-law and his oxy-acetylene torch to get some real heat on there. I bought an OTC 7394 puller (an awesome tool) and it's not budging it.

Also, it definitely needs an ROP system, so that link is awesome. Thanks again!

I have to head off to work, but will post pics soon.

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #5  
Also check to make sure somebody didn't weld them to the shafts (heaven forbid) just to be sure.

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #6  
... Also is it a two cylinder, or a three? You can usually tell because the two cylinder has the exhaust stack horizontal to the ground. ...

My experience has been that the stacks *usually* came horizontal on both types of engines. The big difference is that the 3-cyl engines have it on the left side of the tractor and the 2-cyl on the right.

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #7  
Thats a really nice puller, I could have used that on several jobs at home! The ROPS that they have you get are SAE certified, and fit great. This is a photo of my G154 with the ROPS attached, and my new post hole digger attached.
272478d1341705853-todays-seat-time-img_4098.jpg

I can't see your pic, Mitch. But here's mine, sitting where it was when I bought it. I have a friend and his brother coming up Sunday to try and get the wheels off for me. They're bringing a torch, some more tools I think, and lots of experience between them working on equipment! Fingers are crossed. If these guys can't get them off....they're not coming off in one piece!

Anyway:

6-20-126.jpg

6-20-124.jpg

6-20-123.jpg

/ TX1500F? Bolens G174 service manual and/or rear axle help? #9  
Thats a great looking tractor! I like the FEL, and the finish mower! Were you able to get the rear wheels off yet? Your rear tire look like the original turf tires that came with it. Mine had the same ones when I bought it, but I added the R1 ag tires, because I needed the traction when I use the tractor in my woods, and when I plow with it. Yours looks like it is in good shape, and I think that who ever had it added an after market exhaust, but it looks good. Thanks for the photos. My photo didn't show up when I looked at the thread on my ipad, but I saw it on my Mac. Thanks for the photos! See if this works: IMG_4098.jpg

That's a very nice looking tractor! I think I'll go with Ag tires once I get some stuff straightened out. I want to get an ROPS first.

The wheels are not off yet. But I have a good friend that's going to come up with his brother tomorrow (Sunday) to give it a try. My friend Gary was going to borrow his older brother's torches and come up today (Saturday), but his brother, who I've only met a couple times over the years, said, "Well, if you can wait until Sunday, I'll go with ya." According to my friend, who has all kinds of experience and knowledge on all kinds of stuff, said his brother has a lot more experience with heat than he does. Lol. By the way, my friend is 57 has lived on a farm all his life and is a certified motorcycle and marine technician. And his brother is much older than he is. We're talking experience here! These guys are both farmer/heavy equipment/mechanical handy guys with many years of dealing with this kind of stuff. They're bringing a good torch and some know-how. I'm really hoping they can do it. I can't wait.