DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910 #1  

scooterseats

Tractor
Iseki
Well, it is Friday the 13th isn't it?:mad:
I am rebuilding the brakes on my TS 1910 and in the process I found the oil seal on the left side was leaking. Not having a good breakdown of parts or assembly drawing I assumed that the seal housing would just pull straight out after removing the 4 bolts. It even has threaded holes for jack bolts. Well, as I was pulling this out I hear a loud solid "POP", then another one. After this the housing is far out enough to pull with my hand. When I inspected it I found that the "POP" was the cast Iron behind the axle bull gear breaking off. This also holds the bearing on the differential. It is broken off to where there is slightly more than 190 degrees of housing left.
Fortunately, I have the equipment and ability to repair this housing, the down side is all that has to be disassembled to replace this housing. As I see it, I will have to remove the left axle and housing, the 3PH hydraulic housing and upper arms just to get to the bull gear to remove it. Am I missing anything else?
I was able to get the seals, O rings and bearings locally with no problems.
Back to the brake job, there is plenty brake lining left but I need to build up the pads that the brake cams ride on to allow the shoes to expand far enough to have good contact with the drums. I used to do this on my Cushman scooters back in the day.
Oh well, I wasn't planning anything for the next few days anyway.:(

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910 #2  
Thanks for the post! I was going to tackle my brakes in the future, but I may just have them done when I get my clutch done. They are in pretty decent shape, but I know that if it is possible to screw up, I will. I hope it goes back together well for you. I sure it is just how you wanted to spend you weekend...Well, not really:)

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910
I finally got my little tractor back together. While I had it down I built brackets and moved the fenders 2" outward. This sure gives me more room and even makes it a little easier to get on. I also changed the grease out in the transmission/differential. If you are wondering, it takes 2 1/2 gallons of 90w on a TS 1910 to fill it.

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910 #4  
Glad that you were able to get the job done, and your tractor working again!

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910 #5  
My G192 has only one brake drum. I'll try and remember your predicament when I finally get around to finding a drum.

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910
If a replacement can not be found it would not be too difficult for a machinist to make a copy for you. I am fortunate in that I have a good friend who is a machinist and will build stuff like this for me very reasonable.

/ DON'T DO WHAT I DID! Iseki TS 1910 #7  
Thanks Scotterseats for the "heads-up" about the brake job. I will be sure to remember this post in the future.