Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion

/ Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion #1  

OJ Norway

Tractor
Iseki TX2140f
Hi everyone
I am in the cluch replacement phase of my iseki tx 2140f. Year 1981ish. The tractor has the 3 cyl. k3a engine. In my part manual the clutch disc is named 1427-120-2500-0. On net i find the clutchdisc with 13 or 18 splines, both 184mm dia. Does anyone know the correct disc for my little lady?

OJ

/ Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion
13 splines.png18 spline.png

the 13 and 18 splines are both for iseki tx2140 in these 2 pictures from a webshop. I called a dealer today, but he did not know how many splines his original kit had. He also told me there where 2 types, but did not know how to tell them apart, one was most common. I had to open up to see.
I bought 2 clutchdiscs from US. They have both 18 splines, so maybe i have 2 discs that fits - or none :confused3:

Can anyone please tell the difference

best regards - The clutchcollector

Last edited:
   / Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion #3  
OJ,

I dont know if this will help but heres a little more information for you. I have a 1990 Bolens G152 Which shares the same parts manual as the TX2140T. Its just a re badged tractor. The parts manual shows the part number you are refering to. As to your question about 13 or 18 splines, If you look up under your tractor just behind the clutch and prior to the transmission you'll see an opening which you can see the drive shaft. you should be able to count the splines on the opposite end of the drive shaft where it connects to the rear end. Mine shows 18 splines. I'm thinking that it would have the same number of splines on the clutch end also. Just guessing though.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, will try to see. Start to think both my clutches will fit. if not, i can make a nice garagewatch out of the clutch :) Will find out on friday.
Oj

/ Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion #5  
Its funny, its seems to be the year of the bad clutch for these Iseki's, so I guess that is actually a testament to how long they actually do last. If that is the case, once we all get our clutches done, they should last another 20-30 years. Thats pretty funny about the garagewatch! I guess that it sort of does resemble a clock..

Its done
And the number of spline is ------- 18
Yessss, it all work out perfect :)
It is a fantastic piece of macinery to work on. Love my little lady

image-4046279351.jpg

Well thats it folks

/ Iseki tx2140f clutch confusion #7  
Great job OJ! Were there 18 splines on both ends of that shaft like I suspected?

Kevin

Hi Kevin
Thanks, it was good to work on it. No bolts stuck - or breaking - except on clutch cover. Beware - do not use ti much force.
I could not find the opening to see the other end. Will look today. Could be good to know. Still want to understand the thing about 13 and 18 splines.
Have tried to sum up my ecperience in a new thread with pictures

Oj