Bolens / Iseki G274 2704 TE4270 Clutch adjustment

/ Bolens / Iseki G274 2704 TE4270 Clutch adjustment #1  

wrhjr3

Tractor
Bolens/Iseki G274, 2704,TE4270 and John Deere 432
Help! I just got this tractor a week ago with FEL. The clutch engages waaay at the top. The slightest depression of the pedal and it disengages. I am really afraid of burning it out - if it isn't already. I have no documentation of any kind - nada. Can anyone help with an adjustment procedure. I don't imagine it's very difficult. The engine has 904 hours on a working hour meter so I'd like to think that it's mostly OK.

Thanks,
Roland Hyatt
Fallon, Nevada

/ Bolens / Iseki G274 2704 TE4270 Clutch adjustment #2  
Hi Roland, Sorry for the very late response. I have the G154 and it is a different model, but mine adjusts on the underside of the tractor just below where the steering wheel is, but on the underside. Have you followed the pedal levers under the tractor to see where the enter the clutch housing?

/ Bolens / Iseki G274 2704 TE4270 Clutch adjustment #3  
I have no documentation of any kind - nada.

A friend has a G274, and I have worked on it several times. The clutch is still OK,
fortunately, so I can't tell you much about that. When he got it about 7 years ago,
we were able to find a reprint repair manual for it. I see even Amazon.com has one:
Misc. Tractors Bolens 2704 (G274) Service Manual: Misc. Tractors Manuals: Amazon.com: Books

....though you may be able to find one cheaper.

I would get one and see what's involved.

/ Bolens / Iseki G274 2704 TE4270 Clutch adjustment
Well guys, it only took me 9 yers to find this! I did get a manual and did get it adjusted.
Thanks!!!!