TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #1  

Sideways

Silver Member
Has anyone experienced any issues with the starter switch on their TX 1500?
Last week I was getting ready to till a small food plot when the starter switch started spinning when trying to start the tractor. The collar around the switch was tight and after a few more try's the tractor started and did not have any more problems again until this morning when the same thing happened except the tractor will not turn over. I hooked up my battery charger to make sure I had plenty of power.
I pulled the switch and cleaned all of the connectors but still no go.
I put a test light on it and all of the posts have power (I can turn the glow plugs on fine as the indicator heats up fine)
any ideas or input would be appreciated.

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues
Is there a way to bypass the starter switch to verify it is not the starter?

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #3  
The third post on page 2 of this thread discusses a way:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/iseki/261978-g174-need-voltage-regulator.html

Basically remove the smaller wire going to the solenoid on the starter (small wire on top if it's the same as mine) and use a jumper from the positive side of the battery to it. Make sure it's not in gear or lock the clutch as this bypasses the clutch switch also.

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #4  
Ironically I had the same issue yesterday. I was able to use my glow plugs, and then mine would not start. It was caused by my voltage regulator. Once I pushed the wires back in place, it started, but prior to that, nothing. The wires going into my voltage regulator are badly corroded and I am in the process of buying a new one. I would turn the start knob, and it wouldn't do a thing. The voltage regulator is behind the dash, next to the turn signal switch. There may be a wire loose under you dash, either to the start switch, or the voltage regulator. I would also check all of you connections if you can look up under the dash. The side that has the battery is easier, because you can remove the battery, and see behind the dash, however you will not be able to see behind the starter switch, because the fuel tank is in the way, so you have to look up from the area of the foot rest. I have pulled wires out by accident before. You also may have a bad ground, either to your battery, your starter, or the solenoid. Good luck with it, i'm sure that it is probably a fairly easy fix!

Sorry it's been busy and I am just getting some time today to try starting my tractor up.
I just want to make sure I am clear on how to do this,
I need to run a jumper wire from the positive pole on my starter to the positive pole on the solenoid and run a ground jumper from the negative side of the solenoid to the frame?
Thanks

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #6  
battery (-) to frame. This will ground everything needed.
battery (+) to starter (+) which is a heavy wire
battery (+) to solenoid to crank engine which is a thin wire. Remove immediately when engine starts or done cranking
You can jump from the starter (+) to solenoid like you said since it's the same wire going to the battery (+) as an alternative wire run

I just checked all the wiring to the key and starter switches and everything is good.
I then checked everything at the solenoid with a test light and have juice but the tractor still doesn't turn over.
So I naturally did the next test by tapping the starter and solenoid with a hammer and wa la, she started right up.
After letting her run for a few minutes I shut her down, when I tried to restart her she would not turn over, tapped the starter and solenoid again and she roared to life.

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #8  
Good to hear. Now all you need to do is rig up a hammer to tap on the solenoid when you turn the start switch. Or better yet, when you turn it to "glow" :)

/ TX 1500F starter switch/starter issues #9  
There are some starters on eBay, but they are not cheap. I like the idea about the hammer!:)

I ordered my new voltage regulator, and it fixed my issues. My old one had brittle wires that were broken, and the new one worked immediately when I plugged it in, and it fit perfectly behind the dash where the old one was. Hoep you were able to get it running. This is the diagram of your starter and the link to a new one. They are not cheap: New 9T CW Gear Reduction Starter Motor Bolens Iseki TX1300 TX1300F G154 G152 | eBay

start1.jpg

start2.jpg

start3.jpg

start5.jpg

Thanks Mitch!
I saw some of the prices on Ebay and was shocked!
There is a local guy around here that rebuilds starters that I plan on taking to and see if he can rebuild it cheaper than replacing it.