Starter wiring g174

/ Starter wiring g174 #1  

50dan

Tractor
Bolens G174
Can someone tell me how the wires hook back to the starter on my g174 or post a pic. It's been a while since I worked on it thanks.

/ Starter wiring g174 #2  
I'll should be able to take a photo of mine for you later today, but this is from the repair manual. Hope this helps a bit!
start3.jpg

288924d1352990962-starter-wiring-g174-288923d1352990932-starter-wiring-g174-start1.jpg

View attachment 288924

/ Starter wiring g174
Mitch
Thanks forthe diagram that does help! Hey, can you send some detailed wiring pics of your nice tractor? Also need air intake setupo pics, mine looks wrong like the PO mad up something.
Dan

/ Starter wiring g174 #4  
Sorry for the delay, I should be able to take some tomorrow and post them for you. I had a very busy weekend trying to finish 24ftx18ft outbuilding for the tractor, implements, and extra hay storage before snow falls here again. I'll be glad to take some good photos, and i'll see if I can find the diagrams from the manual for the air intake as well.

/ Starter wiring g174
Pics would be great! Your tractor looks awsome. Hope to get mine running and using it soon. Not sure how long its been sitting as I just bought it 2 mos. ago. Hopefully it fires and starts up.

/ Starter wiring g174
Sorry for the delay, I should be able to take some tomorrow and post them for you. I had a very busy weekend trying to finish 24ftx18ft outbuilding for the tractor, implements, and extra hay storage before snow falls here again. I'll be glad to take some good photos, and i'll see if I can find the diagrams from the manual for the air intake as well.

Any pics yet?

/ Starter wiring g174 #7  
Hi,

Sorry for the delay! I have had about the busiest three weeks in a long time. I saw that you were able to get some photos. I hope that these help a bit. What part of the air filter set up did you need to work on? Hopefully you were able to get the started wired allright. I had to replace my voltage regulator, and my battery, and now I have to deal with the minor damage that the battery acid caused. Anyways, again, sorry that these took so long!

IMG_0665.JPGIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0662.jpgIMG_0661.JPG

/ Starter wiring g174
No problem thanks for the pics.

OMG this thing is driving me nuts now...where does the ned batt cable go??? I'm about to just set this thing out with a for sale sign! Its been setting so long it probably wont even start. arghhhh

/ Starter wiring g174 #9  
Negative battery is put on one of the steering column base bolts from the factory but can be connected to any frame bolt. It will start. I had tractors sit for over a year and they started like I ran them yesterday. Being diesel they don't have the problems gasoline engines with carburetors can from long periods of sitting.

/ Starter wiring g174
Negative battery is put on one of the steering column base bolts from the factory but can be connected to any frame bolt. It will start. I had tractors sit for over a year and they started like I ran them yesterday. Being diesel they don't have the problems gasoline engines with carburetors can from long periods of sitting.

OK thanks for responding. I think my problem is that I'm too particular. I want to get this back to factory condition. Thats why I'm trying to collect as many pics as possible.

SO let me get this straight. The batt +, the ign wire, and the wire from the alternator all 3 go to the one side of the starter selonoid?

I have not had it running since I bought it 6 mos ago. The PO just said it needed a starter so I installed a new starter, battery and cables. All was missing when I bought it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help everyone.