G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #21  
No worries - I always think about this since one time at work one of our mechanics was trying to remove a sleeve from a 3" diameter shaft using a puller and a torch. He was having a he!!-of-a-time doing it and I noticed he was heating the shaft and not the sleeve! It went a little better after things cooled down and he started over on the sleeve :)

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #22  
I once saw a master mechanic and a genius of a guy (engineerg grad, good school) spend a long time turning an upside down bolt the wrong way. Perhaps just once I, err, ahh might have done the same things. Just once, mind you.

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #23  
Believe me, I've done my share of "what the ???" things in my life.

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #24  
So, do we have this oil pan thing loose yet?

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #25  
Well, I finally got this dang oil pan plug off, and had to use an impact drill to do it. Wow, that was unbelievable tight. A lawnmower repair friend of mine did it with me. He basicly just said that after looking at all the bolts on this tractor are metal on metal bolts, meaning they stick really well when closed, which is good. Bad thing is that they will tend to be very difficult to get loose when needed. So I did not put the bolt back on yet, but when I get a moment I'm going to get a copper washer for it, or some of those non stick washers out there. This should be much easier to get off next time I need to. Anyway, thanks guys for the help. Anyone know how many quarts a D1800 takes for the oil? Someone on a certain forum said 3.16 gallons, which cannot be correct, that over 12 quarts! Perhaps they meant quarts, not gallons?

/ G154/TX1300F Oil Drain Pan Plug/Bolt #26  
Don't know the oil capacity but thanks for the update. Try a seach for capacity with model of tractor on the internet and see what pops up. You could also just add a little at atime and give it time to settle down into the pan. Glad you got that bolt out.