Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #1  

ballaterach

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1510
This will probably bring a wry smile to many faces perhaps but I have now had my Iseki for 6 months and looking at the rear wheeels again yesterday
it suddenly made me wonder why the tyre valves were on the 'inside'. Having looked round the web at Iseki images I'm wondering now whether the wheels
are on the wrong way round or in fact whether they can be 'reversed' to give a wider track !!!

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #2  
They are not on "wrong" because the tractor is designed to have different width settings to give more stability, or access to smaller area, match row widths, etc. There may be a hub pinned and clamped onto the axle with a couple settings, and, as you found, the wheels are swappable side to side to adjust the width as well. Some tractors have a separate inner wheel disk with some different mounting tabs on the wheel hoop to give even more variety.

If you need more stability, you may be able to exchange sides and gain width. Be careful removing the wheel. Sometimes there are hidden cast iron wheel weights, or the tire may be filled with foam or liquid ballast and be unstoppable if it starts to fall.

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels
many thanks for your reply; I'll have a closer look and see what the options are if needs be

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #4  
My tire valves are on the outside, but yes the tires can be reversed both on the rear, and in the front to give you a wider stance. I leave my front tires installed with the shorter stance, because I feel that probably gives the front gear case more protection when I drive in muddy, or wooded areas. Below is the service diagram of the rear wheels and my set up. Post some pictures if you have them!

297206d1357838673-iseki-tx1510-rear-wheels-axel.jpg

297207d1357838728-iseki-tx1510-rear-wheels-fast5.jpg

Attachments

• axel.jpg
    axel.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 1,437
  • fast5.jpg
    fast5.jpg
    982.9 KB · Views: 1,817
   / Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels
Hi Mitch

A very belated Happy New Year. Thanks for your help as ever. It seems that I have been sold a kind of generic workshop manual as your diagram is very different to the one in my book. Your diagram is how ours looks I'm going to attempt to attach a picture !! I assume its just a case of removing the wheel and turning it over ?
Kindest regards PeterTractor 1a.jpg

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #6  
If you have directional tires, like agricultural type or industrial style, then you will need to swap them left to right. If you have non-directional tires, then you can just put the inner side to the outside.

NHMitch may know specifically, but the manuals for all of my Japanese tractors (Kubota, International/Komatsu, Mitsubishi, Yanmar, Shibaura/Ford) say, specifically, to NOT reverse the rims on the front axles of a 4 wheel drive tractor. In addition to being much more squirrelly to drive, you may run the risk of damaging expensive front end components. However, I don't know about the Iseki 1510. If NHMitch's manual says it is ok, I would trust the manufacturer. In the absence of specific allowance that is acceptable practice, however, I would not.

Edited to add: I realized I have a manual for the Bolens G174, which is the same as an Iseki T1500. I looked, expecting to find the same warning as in all my other manuals. However, it has directions and dimensions for reversing the front tires. So, at least for some Iseki models, this practice is permitted.

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #8  
NH Mitch

Nice paint job on the tractor. That plough-like implement: can you dig potatoes with that?

Thanks,

Rod in Forfar

/ Iseki TX1510 Rear Wheels #9  
Hi,

Thanks! I think that you could, and it should work well for potatoes. We actually are going to grow potatoes this year, so I will let you know! Thanks again!