G174 clutch

/ G174 clutch #1  

Shellhouse Farm

Tractor
Bohlens
I need to replace the clutch on my Bolens G174, which I bought several years ago at an auction, and of course no manuals. I've found the Users Manual on line, but need to find the manual with the schematics for the clutch. Can anyone help?

/ G174 clutch #2  
Here's extracts from the Iseki TX1500F (same as Bolens G174) service manual on the clutch replacement/adjustment - let me know if you require copies from the parts manual too (I need first to be provided with the serial number of the tractor to provide the correct data/illustrations)

Attachments

• Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 680
  • Clutch1.JPG
    Clutch1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 466
  • Clutch2.JPG
    Clutch2.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
   / G174 clutch #3  
Hi,

I recently bought a new clutch, clutch plate, and release bearing for my G154 (same clutch as your G174). There is a great thread on replacing the clutch: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-ultimate-clutch-replacement.html#post2993500

I bought my clutch on eBay and he was able to provide me with all three parts. I am going to tackle the job this spring. This is the seller who I bought the parts from: G152 G154 G172 G174 Bolens Iseki TX1300 TX1500 Tractor Clutch | eBay

Hope this helps a bit! The diagrams above are great also!

/ G174 clutch #4  
I have a TX 1500F (Bolens G-174). I did the clutch on mine in 2005. They last a long time. If you are familiar with how a full size tractor splits in two to do a clutch these tractors come apart the same way. You just do not need as big blocks to prop it up. If you have a loader on it, remove all the under frame before you start if it is right under clutch area.