Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f
Why do you think its the alternator? It could be a few other things also.
Anyway here are a few pictures of alternator location.

Attachments

• 100_5614.JPG
    100_5614.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 100_5565.JPG
    100_5565.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 456
   / Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #102  
I am a 73 year old woman and I need some help. Could you tell me where the alternator is located on the Bolens G154, so I can take it off and get a rebuilt one. If you can help I would be very thankful

There are two different engines on the G154, does yours have vertical exhaust or horizontal? Make sure you get the correct alternator. The horizontal is a 2 cylinder and the vertical exhaust models had a 3 cylinder.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #103  
It may be the starter. The battery is good. I had it running for about an hour, then shut it off for about an hour. When I tried to restart the motor it would just click. The glow plug got hot. The exhaust is vertical. The pictures helped. I think it is the starter not the alternator. You confirmed that I was looking at the right part to take off. I had to replace the starter on my Kubota last year. I was able to get it off and put a rebuilt one back in. Thank you very much. I will let you know it works.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #104  
There are two different engines on the G154, does yours have vertical exhaust or horizontal? Make sure you get the correct alternator. The horizontal is a 2 cylinder and the vertical exhaust models had a 3 cylinder.

Not to be picky, but both the 2- and 3-cylinder models could come with horizontal exhausts (some 2-cylinder Isekis came with vertical but I don't believe Bolens had any). The better way to quickly see which is which is the 2-cylinder engines had the exhaust on the right (as seen in the operator's seat) and the 3-cylinder versions on the left of the tractor.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f
It may be the starter. The battery is good. I had it running for about an hour, then shut it off for about an hour. When I tried to restart the motor it would just click. The glow plug got hot. The exhaust is vertical. The pictures helped. I think it is the starter not the alternator. You confirmed that I was looking at the right part to take off. I had to replace the starter on my Kubota last year. I was able to get it off and put a rebuilt one back in. Thank you very much. I will let you know it works.

Before you start throwing parts at your tractor you should do a few test.
If you have a multimeter check to see how much voltage is in battery
now. If you don't have a multimeter try turning the lights on
and then turn the key to the start position. If lights dim low then its
possible battery is low. Have you tried to jump start the tractor?
Look at the picture and tap starter where I have drawn an arrow
and see if anything happens while turning key to the start position .

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #106  
My mistake. The exhaust is horizontal on the right side of the tractor.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #107  
the battery is strong. I checked it and the lights are strong. When I try to start it the fan trys to turn over.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #109  
Sometimes on a starter has a bad winding. You could try putting the tractor in its highest gear and see if you can roll the engine slightly by pushing the tractor. Then try starting it again. If it then starts, yes your starter is going out.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #110  
I have learned something from you men. The problem was the battery. I am glad that I did not take off the starter. Thank you very much.