Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #1  

fxrs55

Gold Member
Tractor
EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE. Craftsman gt6000, Craftsman gt6000 Hydro, Cub cadet LT1050. Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F
Hello, I did some work on a co-workers boat and in return
he gave me a Bolens Iseki G154 tractor. He bought
it last year to fix it up but boats are now taking his time.
The tractor will not start. It turns over but he was told the
plungers for the injectors are stuck. Also the clutch
disk is stuck to the flywheel. The was price is right. ( free )
It has turf tires all around and a snow blade. Any info on this
tractor or insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f
Here are a few pictures when I brought it home.
I used my panzer to tow Iseki back to the house.

Attachments

• tractor9.jpg
    tractor9.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,818
  • DSC00914.JPG
    DSC00914.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 960
  • DSC00918.JPG
    DSC00918.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,938
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • tractor4.jpg
    tractor4.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 960
  • tractor6.jpg
    tractor6.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,390
   / Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #3  
You'll appreciate the Isekis extra weight and 4-wheel drive campared to your panzer. I think you're going to like it a lot. Good luck and nice find!

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #4  
"It turns over but he was told the plungers for the injectors are stuck. Also the clutch disk is stuck to the flywheel"

How to you deal with these two issues? Can those injectors be saved by for example cleaning in the injectors with solvent?

How do you unstick the clutch disk? Do you break open the tractor and try solvent? Or will this it free up when you pull the clutch pressure plate.

I did some work on the tractor the other day and my findings are not good.
I believe the injector pump is shot. Now what else I have found, there is no compression in the front cylinder and the back on is low.
The engine oil is way over full and black as coal. I have
both injectors removed and I have turned the engine
over with the starter several times and am not
getting any oil pressure nor any oil to the rockers.
The air filter looks like it was never changed and
the rubber gasket that goes between the filter
and the filter housing is hard as a rock and half of it is missing.
This thing suffers serious neglect. God only knows
what problems there are with the hydraulics and the transmission.

Attachments

• 100_5269.jpg
    100_5269.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 100_5262.jpg
    100_5262.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 100_5263.jpg
    100_5263.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,654
   / Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #7  
Sorry to hear the news. Generally the engines hold up pretty well on these things. Of course nothing holds up well to years of neglect. I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. Some of the problem may just be a broken head gasket (how much fluid is in the radiator?) I've never seen an injector pump so shot that it wouldn't even pump, but my experience is limited. I had one rebuilt that the injector repair shop said was "shot" and it made no difference in the ability of the tractor to run that I could notice. The oil pressure problem is interesting. I'm assuming you had a gauge hooked up to an oil port (?) Parts are still available (rings, bearings, etc.) to do a rebuild. Injector pumps and oil pumps you'll probably need to find used (not only due to scarcity but new ones would be quite expensive). Even the rebuild of the injector pump, like I did, costed me more than I care to admit. As a last resort, you can probably part out the tractor and make a few bucks on some of the things (front axle, rims, etc.) Personally, I'd attempt a rebuild but realize that is not an attractive option to everyone. I just know they are fun tractors and you wouldn't be disappointed with it.

I'm not sure at this time just how easy its going to be to get parts.
I did find a new injector pump in Queensland Australia for $330
but that's not going to happen. I did find out
the tractor has been sitting for over 12 years.
I was cranking over the engine the other night
and with the exhaust system removed I put my thumb over
the injector hole for cylinder #1 which has no compression
and I could hear air blowing out the exhaust valve.
I removed the head and here a few pictures of that.
You can see rust in the lifters for cylinder #2. In the pictures
I have the head sitting on its side and I have poured
fuel in the exhaust ports of both cylinders.
The exhaust valve on the right is the front
cylinder which had no compression and it is leaking pretty good.
The exhaust valve on the left cylinder is leaking some
which would cause that cylinder compression to be low.
also the front cylinder lifters look clean.
Also a few of the head bolts were not all that tight.

Attachments

• 100_5273.jpg
    100_5273.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 729
  • 100_5274.jpg
    100_5274.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 755
  • 100_5275.jpg
    100_5275.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 100_5282.jpg
    100_5282.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 742
   / Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #9  
How do the cylinder walls look? The rust in the lifter ports for cyl #2 is concerning. I'm not sure how well that will clean up and work, if at all. That's a tough project. I have a KE70 that I could never get to run right - no power at low rpm. I finally concluded the cylinder liners that someone put in it are cracked (they don't have cylinder liners from the factory but someone over-bored it and installed some), or the pistons are cracked. Either way, I opted to find a donor machine with a KE75 in it that runs great. I plan on doing the swap this summer. That may be the cheapest, easiest option for you if you plan on pushing forward with repairs. Having gotten that tractor for what you did, I'd find it hard to give up on her. I can understand if you might though.

/ Bolens G154 / Iseki tx1300f #10  
Hi, That is a great tractor, and hopefully you can get it up and running. I have a G154 and I have the same engine as yours, the KE70. Mine runs very well, however I have been able to find quite a few parts online. I think that I would try emailing this guy on eBay, and see if he has the injector pump for you. Bolens Iseki G174 TX1500 Tractor Mitsubishi 17hp Diesel Engine Oil Pump | eBay

I wish that I could offer some more advice, but I do not have a lot of experience overhauling engines.. But Ilikeyourtractor has a lot of knowledge about these engines. Once you get it up and running, I can give you some links for parts, like a new alternator, and a few other items if you need them.

I hope that you can get it running soon, and start enjoying what a great machine these tractors are! Thanks for the photos!