Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #1  

Millsi

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki TX2160f, 196X Ford 3000 Select-O-Speed
Hi guys. Picking up my 2160 tomorrow.

Is an early 80s model from what I can tell as it is not hst.

Has 1170 hours and the current owner has owned it since 1990.

Anyway he said the hydraulics stopped working about 10 years ago though his mechanic said not to worry as they only used it to tow a small spray vat.

After some searching here it seems that the filter screen or return valve could be to blame.

The price was half of what most are going for here so hopefully I can get it sorted. Wife was not mega happy with the purchase lol which limits my expenditure to zip!

hope to gain plenty of tips from you guys as the only tractor experience I have is driving our family ford 3000 select o speed as a kid

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #2  
The 'wife tax' comes into play once more. Good luck with the tractor.

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #3  
Welcome aboard. It would be in your best interest to obtain an Operator's Manual for that make and model. Do a Google search or perhaps EBAY. Best wishes.

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #4  
Is an early 80s model from what I can tell as it is not hst.

For the Bolens Isekis this is data I have:
Both gear and hydros were produced through 1991.
HST production began in 1985 for the 2160.

Not a lot though on there for serial #s vs. years of production though. Evidently the Japenese weren't into production year data much.

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem
So it turned out the guy I got it off had owned it from new.
Was originally purchased in 86 or 87.
See attached a quick pic on the way home.

Attachments

• 20130310_171157.jpg
    20130310_171157.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 222
   / Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #6  
License plates are required for farm equipment in Australia? How much does that cost if you don't mind me asking?

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #7  
:welcome:

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem
Not needed unless driving on the roads between properties etc. Not sure on cost.

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #9  
I have an old TL2501 and have searched hi and low for a manual, no go.. Ended up getting lube specs for it from ISEKI in Japan.. Keep posting someone will assist !
My Hyds were fine as it as had a FEL fitted, however the filter / screen assembly down near pump had never been serviced. Full of muck..
Good little unit though, just need a over run pto for it now as hard to use slasher without..

/ Gday from Australia. New 2160f owner with a hydraulic problem #10  
This is the link to the parts manual for the 2160: ftp://ftp.rapid.ch/Iseki/Traktoren ...e de pieces Spare parts list/TX2160 ET GB.pdf

Let me know if it doesn't work and I can email it. I've found it invaluable for working out problems.

Also, here the opertaors manual for the TX1500/1300 - obviously not the exact one for your model, but most of the parts for the TX series seem to be common, so it should be useful.

ftp://ftp.rapid.ch/Iseki/Traktoren ...eitung Mode d'emploi Manual/TX1500F BA GB.pdf