Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #31  
Hi Dan,

Sorry for the late response, i've been very busy with Easter Weekend here, but I can't believe how deep your tractor is stuck! Your rotovator is not the best way to dig a new Channel Tunnel :) THe drive without the diff lock on will power the left wheel, so when the diff lock is engaged, it will power the right wheel like you are reporting. I am not entirely sure what would cause you to loose power to your right wheel, however could it be the lever that shifts from high gear to low gear not engaging, or stuck in the middle? If you are getting power to the right wheel with the diff lock, I agree that it is most likely not your clutch. I am going to do some research and read my service manuals and see what I can find on this. I would double check your low to high range lever and try shifting between the two, and try driving the tractor in low gear. It has always seemed to me that the Hi/Low lever is dangerously close to the diff lock pedal. I wonder if there is some type of issue with your wheel shaft on the left side? I'll see what I can find. We are in terrible mud season here too..

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels
In the words of Scottie - its worse than that its dead Jim.

So I opened up the transaxle case today.... and all the planetary gears in the diff are missing a lot of teeth. Now, also the pinion and wheel on the left side is also not connecting, although I haven't had eyes on that yet.

I'm scouting around for a replacement transaxle now, as that will probably work out cheaper and fairly fast to repair. If I can't find one, then I'll have to so some research on matching parts to rebuild the current transaxle - although the truth is I'll probably never find the time to do that!

Not the greatest picture, but you can probably make out some of the chewed teeth here:

Tx1500 diff.jpg

Does anyone know if the transaxles on the TX series are interchangeable?

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #34  
So, it is just the little spider gears.
The ring & pinion is ok.

I wonder if an automotive differential will fit, if you could just find the right one. My biggest problem is searching for something based on dimensions rather than model.

A good machine shop should be able to cut your gears, and repair any bad bushings, but I'd hate to think what the cost would be.

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #35  
Does anyone know if the transaxles on the TX series are interchangeable?
I can't answer you indeed.
But here in my country there is a company which imports, sells and repairs Japanese tractors. I had Kubota L2202 bought from them. They sold thousands of different brand name tractors including Iseki.
IsekiTU-1500
If you want I may talk to them about your issue having in mind how to help you. Just let me know if you'd choose this way.

So, it is just the little spider gears.
The ring & pinion is ok.

I wonder if an automotive differential will fit, if you could just find the right one. My biggest problem is searching for something based on dimensions rather than model.

A good machine shop should be able to cut your gears, and repair any bad bushings, but I'd hate to think what the cost would be.

The ring and pinion looks in good condition. I think getting the gears cut would be a last resort, I'm sure I'll be able to get a new rear end from somewhere eventually. The worst thing will be if I have to get another tractor and park this one until a donor unit comes up for sale. I'm sure I'll get some responses from the used parts suppliers once they are back from the Easter break!

I can't answer you indeed.
But here in my country there is a company which imports, sells and repairs Japanese tractors. I had Kubota L2202 bought from them. They sold thousands of different brand name tractors including Iseki.
IsekiTU-1500
If you want I may talk to them about your issue having in mind how to help you. Just let me know if you'd choose this way.

Thanks for the kind offer - there are a few importers here too, it'll just take a while to get responses from them all - I know some smaller guys too who may hear of something. I might get back to you if I find nothing.

I found out the answer to my question though from the Iseki parts catalogue - the TX1300 and 1500 2WD and 4WD all share the same transaxle, so at least there is more chance of finding one.

Thanks, Dan

/ Iseki TX1500 - no drive to rear wheels #38  
Hi Dan,
I found one in the US, and they may be able to ship it to you. They also might be willing to ship you the gears that you need out of it, and that would save a lot on shipping costs. This is the link, and it has been for sale on eBay for a very long time. Sorry to hear the bad news..

Bolens Iseki G174 TX1500 Tractor Transaxle | eBay

Hi Dan,
I found one in the US, and they may be able to ship it to you. They also might be willing to ship you the gears that you need out of it, and that would save a lot on shipping costs. This is the link, and it has been for sale on eBay for a very long time. Sorry to hear the bad news..

Bolens Iseki G174 TX1500 Tractor Transaxle | eBay

Thanks Mitch, I've found a couple closer to home. Apparently the UK is pretty flush with parts for these little tractors, just not advertised online very much. Hopefully I'll have a replacement transaxle here in the next week or so and get back on the paddock.