Bolens G174 heat warning light

/ Bolens G174 heat warning light #11  
I think that if you take the bulb out, and just keep an eye on the fluid and your radiator fan you should be fine. I changed my fluid, and I have not had an issue once. Hopefully you can send the part back, or re-sell it on the Kubota Forum. I would try Sam's Bolens. I have purchased the warning lights from him in the past, and he probably can get you the part that you need. He specializes in these tractors. I love my Bolens/Iseki, and I agree about the sound of the engine and the ride!

The link to Sam's website: Bolens parts

/ Bolens G174 heat warning light
I may have to post a change-of-address here for the Kubota forum, but so far I still prefer the sound and feel of the Bolens twin diesel. It's like a heartbeat. The Kubota? You strap yourself to the seat or slide out of it. The engine doesn't say anything to me, though it mows up a storm with a 5' belly mower. I seem to have a lot more arthritis since running it, but that may be the weather.

I've put 23.5 hours on the Kubota so far. With the five foot belly mower it does a great job on the lawns. It wasn't until I removed the belly mower, though, that I discovered how useful it could be. With the 4' bush hog it does a great job on the little trees on the property. It's faster than the Bolens with its HST. That's a big deal when I have 25 acres and 15,000 seedlings to maintain.

I have started to think I could give up the Bolens without losing a lot in working capacity on the farm. The Kubota is taking over.

/ Bolens G174 heat warning light #14  
Curiously I have a Kubota B7200 and a Bolens G174 / Iseki TX1500, The Kubota does not have a temp gauge, just a whistle on the overflow tube (simple/cheap). My Bolens temperature gauge does not work so I just added a new rubber hose that exits out the side where I can see it should it overheat, not a correct fix...

I searched all over the internet for a radiator whistle to add to my Iseki, can't find one...

/ Bolens G174 heat warning light #15  
When you say "temperature gauge" do you mean high temp light? That's all they came with that I'm aware of. I'd just fix the temp switch and light.

/ Bolens G174 heat warning light #16  
Yes, sorry, temp light, just not gotten around to working on the light yet, working on the exhaust now, taking pics and posting about it today.