H1502 Wont go!

/ H1502 Wont go! #1  

spanky350

Tractor
Bolens H1502
Here goes,

So I got this nice Bolens tractor w a Woods 48 in mower on the back. It runs great and only has 700 hrs on it. The guy i got it from said the 3 point wasn't lifing that great, so far i changed the hydro fluid twice, filter and cleaned both screens (front and back) On top of the 3 point not lifting (it goes a little bit but won't lift the mower--- (it will stay up if I get in the back of the mower and lift it) I was mowing the other night and it started acting up and whining quite a bit and now I have no reverse or drive! I barely made it back in my garage. I'm at a loss, is it the pump or something deep inside the huge drivetrain section?? Any help is much appriciated!!

/ H1502 Wont go! #2  
Hi,

I wish that I could help you more, however I am not that familiar with the Hydro Tractors. If someone can help offer insight, there are quite a few parts for sale on eBay right now for your tractor: Bolens Iseki 1502H Mitsubishi 15HP Crank Gear | eBay

The 3PH should be able to lift close to 900lbs, and the mower shouldn't be an issue. I wonder if you can test the pressure that the hydraulic pump is producing. What type of hydraulic oil are you using? Sorry I couldn't be more help with the drivetrain issue!

/ H1502 Wont go!
Using napa tractor oil, I didn't really think it would matter much due to the age of the tractor. Am I wrong?? Also, I added a little fluid to it, not it reads that i have way too much in there and i have drive to the wheels but the 3 point still wont lift the mower. It just seems like i'm missing something simple....

/ H1502 Wont go! #4  
The NAPA fluid should be fine for your tractor, but I would make sure that you don't have a leak. Make sure to check the dipstick located near your left foot. I posted a link in another thread that may help a bit:http://www.tractorforum.com/f205/bolens-g174-hydraulic-lift-problem-24600/

It may be an issue with the hydro, but I don't have a manual for your model. You can also try giving Sam a call from Sam's Bolens. He is very knowledgable about these tractors, and he can usually supply the parts that you need if you do need something. His number is at the botoom of the page:

Sam's Bolens

/ H1502 Wont go! #5  
It could be the hydro or there is a splined coupler before the hydro that goes bad.

/ H1502 Wont go!
So the tractor has been at the shop for a week now and i don't think they've even looked at it yet, the mechanic said it sounded lieks omething simple so i gave him the hydro manual and left it there. I did just see that there could be some air it the lines and maybe cracking open the hydro filter and/or some lines could potentially get it all going, any thought??

/ H1502 Wont go! #7  
Could be. I'm not familiar with hydros either but wouldn't think you'd need to purge the air out of any lines to make it work after the correct amount of oil is in it. If so, this should be clearly stated in the opertor's manual.

/ H1502 Wont go! #8  
Does the pto work?

/ H1502 Wont go!
Nothing in the manual about bleeding the lines, and the pto work fine.

/ H1502 Wont go! #10  
If the pto works, then the problem is in the hydro. I believe the manual has test procedures for it.