Transmission problems of an Iseki TU 1900 4wd

/ Transmission problems of an Iseki TU 1900 4wd #1  

Danielef

Tractor
Iseki TU1900 4WD
Few weeks ago after a major leak I found that the idler gear of the front wheel drive had "quit" the transmission. Referring to Figure 14 of section V-7 of the workshop manual: the idler literally broke the aluminum "input metal" (item 2, I prefer to call it "aluminum lid") that supports it, getting loose. I had the lid welded and the seat of the idler shaft re-machined in order to restore a true alignment, I reassembled everything and when the tractor started with no leaks or rattling I was very happy for having solved the problem. Unfortunately after few hours of running, the leak restarted because, obviously, a crack had reappeared.
I understand very well that the idler gear stands on a delicate equilibrium: its shaft is supported only on one side and the stress on the lid must be large but I don't see a good way to solve the problem.
I would be very grateful if someone has good suggestions. A new lid does not seem available but, as a last resort, I could have one machined.

Daniel

iseki.jpg

Last edited:
   / Transmission problems of an Iseki TU 1900 4wd #2  
I may have a used one.

/ Transmission problems of an Iseki TU 1900 4wd #4  
is the tu1900 the same as my tu 2100? because i have a hole in mine also. i bought mine that way with hopes of finding the metal input cover. not easy to find. what cause my broken one do you think?

/ Transmission problems of an Iseki TU 1900 4wd #5  
I sent you an email with ordering instructions. The TU1900 & TU2100 are basically the same tractor with different injector pump settings.