Clutch Question

/ Clutch Question #1  

NHmitch

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F
Hi,

I have my new clutch in my G154, and it has been working great, but it occasionally still grinds when I am completely stopped, have it out of gear and ideling, and then re-engage it, and put the tractor in gear. I am worried that it have be the gears, or I may just need to adjust it a bit more? It is a new clutch, throw out bearing, release bearing, and clutch plate. Any thoughts? Thanks!

/ Clutch Question #2  
Adjustment! If it were the gears, as in worn gears than I would guess it would still shift relatively nicely. Just a guess. keep adjusting to get it right. Good luck!!

/ Clutch Question #3  
How much time are you allowing the transmission to "spin down" before putting it in gear? When you push the clutch pedal in you need to wait a second or two before you can select a gear w/o grinding due to the intertia of the rotating parts in the gear case causing it to continue to spin.

/ Clutch Question
Its kind of an interesting issue. It only happens when I let it idle in neutral, and I am off the tractor. I can see the PTO slowly turn when off the tractor when it is in neutral as well. When I drive, and stop to shift gears, it does not do it from gear to gear. Its only from neutral after it has been sitting for a few.

/ Clutch Question #5  
Did you replace the pilot bushing behind the flywheel in the end of the crankshaft?
If its worn it will let input shaft drag on the hole that goes through the flywheel
and may cause problems. But you do need to let input shaft to transmission
spin down before shifting into gear. If you are already in one gear and shifting
to another the input shaft is already stopped.

Attachments

• 100_5803.JPG
    100_5803.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 121
   / Clutch Question
I didn't replace the pilot bearing because the tractor shop down the road that replaced the clutch told me that it was allright, but now I am very worried that it was not. I couldn't find one online, and he told me that he would look at it, but now I am wondering if the whole clutch job was a wasted effort because I didn't replace that bearing. I put in a new throw out bearing, clutch, and pressure plate. It only happens when I am off the tractor, and it is running in neutral for awhile. Its when I shift it back into gear. While this issue wreck my new clutch? Thanks for the diagram!
Did you replace the pilot bushing behind the flywheel in the end of the crankshaft?
If its worn it will let input shaft drag on the hole that goes through the flywheel
and may cause problems. But you do need to let input shaft to transmission
spin down before shifting into gear. If you are already in one gear and shifting
to another the input shaft is already stopped.

/ Clutch Question
So I went out and adjusted the bolt under the tractor all the way, and now it does not seem to be doing grinding. It may have been an adjustment that I made after I got the tractor back? I was trying to adjust the clutch according to the service manual, but I may have adjusted it out too far?

/ Clutch Question #8  
It's probably all in the "adjustment" Mitch. Pilot bearings are rarely, if ever the issue. Unless it showed definate signs of coming apart (making metal) then you probably didn't need to replace it.

/ Clutch Question #9  
It's probably all in the "adjustment" Mitch. Pilot bearings are rarely, if ever the issue. Unless it showed definate signs of coming apart (making metal) then you probably didn't need to replace it.

While I would agree that a pilot " bearing " should last a long time the TX1300F
has a pilot bushing and technically every time you push the clutch pedal in and stop
the tractor and engine is running the pilot bushing is spinning and the input
shaft is not, there will be some wear of bushing.

/ Clutch Question #10  
So I went out and adjusted the bolt under the tractor all the way, and now it does not seem to be doing grinding. It may have been an adjustment that I made after I got the tractor back? I was trying to adjust the clutch according to the service manual, but I may have adjusted it out too far?

can i ask after it came back from the shop ...would you touch anything they worked on .. a good way to end up with a bill and no warranty and no way ever would you get any one to side your way on that one ...just saying