2160 Hydraulic pump pressure?

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #1  

Millsi

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki TX2160f, 196X Ford 3000 Select-O-Speed
Does anyone how much psi the stock hydraulic pump should generate?
Thanks

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #2  
I believe most tractors run up in the 2200 to 2700 psi area.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #3  
My TX13/1500 (2-cyl) book says 1565 psi. My 2100 series (3-cyl) tractor book doesn't have the pressure listed. My 2160 can lift more than my TX1300 and I believe the arm configuration to be the same so either the hydraulic piston is larger or it runs at higher pressure or both. I can't say for sure that someone over the years hasn't messed with the relief valve settings on either tractor so the comparision may be misleading.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #5  
This is just an example.

2 in cyl 1 in shaft

at 1500 psi = 4712 lbs of push force

---2000 psi = 6382 lbs of push force

So, a larger cyl with same pressure will provide more force.

More pressure with same cyl will provide more force.

More pressure and larger cyl will further increase force.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #6  

TractorData.com Iseki TX1300 tractor information

The link for the TX1300 states it should be 1707 psig. The services manual's claim of 1565 psig seems low to me but it's hard to say for sure how many different versions are out there or what they were really meant to be set at. I've seen typos in the services manuals too and claims on tractordata that weren't correct that make me leary of either's accuracy.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #7  
Does anyone how much psi the stock hydraulic pump should generate?
Thanks

As an FYI what I think you're really asking is what the relief valve setting is on the tractor. Generally hydraulic pumps are positive displacement pumps which means they'll build pressure until something breaks or slips, given enough input energy. What I don't know is if the pumps on these tractors come with their own relief valve independent of the tractor. I don't believe they do, but good design practice usually dictates they should.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #8  
TractorData.com Iseki TX1300 tractor information

The link for the TX1300 states it should be 1707 psig. The services manual's claim of 1565 psig seems low to me but it's hard to say for sure how many different versions are out there or what they were really meant to be set at. I've seen typos in the services manuals too and claims on tractordata that weren't correct that make me leary of either's accuracy.

The manual I have states TX1000,TX1000f & TX1300 are 1565 psi. And the TX1300F,TX1500 & TX1500F
are 1707 psi.

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #9  
Good catch. I forgot the 1300 and 1300F have different ratings on the hydraulics. I wonder why there is a difference between the two (?) I'd be surprised if anything physically is different hydraulically between the 1300 and 1300F version other than the relief valve setting. Can we get some input here from the original designers of these things? :wave: LOL

I also noticed the TX1300 (F) on tractordata.com shows a rear lift weight of 838 lbs. which is what they claim for the 2160 despite it running higher hydraulic pressure. Again my field tests show the 2160 can lift more. Interesting...

/ 2160 Hydraulic pump pressure? #10  
I think that I found the original designer:

Crazy-Japanese-Game-Show-Eating-Mashmallow.jpg
Good catch. I forgot the 1300 and 1300F have different ratings on the hydraulics. I wonder why there is a difference between the two (?) I'd be surprised if anything physically is different hydraulically between the 1300 and 1300F version other than the relief valve setting. Can we get some input here from the original designers of these things? :wave: LOL

I also noticed the TX1300 (F) on tractordata.com shows a rear lift weight of 838 lbs. which is what they claim for the 2160 despite it running higher hydraulic pressure. Again my field tests show the 2160 can lift more. Interesting...