Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #1  

upsetray

Bronze Member
Tractor
(2 Units) Bolens Iseki H-1502
Does anyone on here know if a H1502 has the power needed to operate a front pto operated 2stage 44" blower ,or should I stay with a Snowplow ?/?

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #2  
A snowplow will always be more efficient (use less power) than any snowthrower. A single-stage snowthrower is typically more efficient than a 2-stage thrower for the same size, but most people prefer a 2-stage. Your 1502 will run a 44" thrower, but when you ask "if it has the power" that depends on how much snow it will be and the density of it and how fast you want it moved. In general, less hp usually just means it will take longer. It probably doesn't have the "factory recommended" power to run it but that doesn't mean it won't work at all or at an acceptable level - only you can make that determination depending on your expectations.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #3  
A friend of mine has an H1502 and recently mounted a 48'' 3ph blower on the front using the tractor front pto off the to run it. It works but is underpowered. This because the blower gearcase needs to see 540rpm yet the H1502s front pto runs at 1000rpm.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #4  
Looking at walk-behind 2-stage snow throwers, it looks like the recommended power requirement is between 1/4 and 1/3 hp per inch. So a 44" would require roughly 13 PTO hp - I think that is what the 1502 has at the PTO. Going through the gearbox on the snowthrower will require additional power also, probably in the 1-2 hp range, so you'd be slightly underpowered. I've found most snow throwers to be underpowered anyway especially under a full bite of snow. It would probably do ok at or under 6" of snow if you drive slowly so you might still want to pursue it.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #5  
I guess our 96 inch snow blower at work is overpowered at 750 horse! But we blow snow at about 4mph and use 400 gallons of diesel per shift. The real horse power killer of a snow blower is how far you are throwing the snow. If you can slow down the "fan" and only throw the snow 5 or 6 feet it takes way less horsepower so you can move faster.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #6  
750 hp for a snowthrower? Is this on a dump truck? Impressive. I've seen the dual-screw type on dump trucks and I think they even have rotary ones. Certainly the height of the intake comes into play alot for these more massive units. I had a 10 hp 32" John Deere walk-behind that seemed underpowered. Still better than shoveling but it would really bog down under a full pass of snow in the intake.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #7  
These are rotary snow blowers, built on their own frame and they only do one thing blow snow. We have three at our work site.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #8  
I have a 42 inch single stage blower, and a extremely heavy 54 inch Bolens Iseki hydraulic plow, and both work like a champ. I plow mostly, as I prefer it over the blower for my long driveway. I only have a H1502, and its not underpowered at all, but my driveway is fairly flat.

/ Bolens Iseki H1502 Snowblower #9  
I have a small yanmar, with 13hp diesel and 11hp at the rear 3 speed pto, 540-720-1000rpm. Last year a bought a 4 foot rear 2 stage snowblower. It runs that blower just fine, although at 1000rpm it throws 50 feet but I have to go really slow.