Banjo bolt needed

/ Banjo bolt needed #1  

Rod in Forfar

Platinum Member
Tractor
1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 35DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510, 2020 Kioti Mechron 2200ps UTV Troy-Bilt Horse 2 1988 Case IH 255 4WD with loader and cab
Three years ago I had my neighbour remove the remotes mounted on the fender of my Bolens G174 because they were in the way and I had no use for them. This week I tried to put the unit back on and discovered I have lost a critical banjo bolt, the one with a 7/8" wide shoulder which goes through the end of the oil line from the hydraulic pump at the front of the tractor.

I have spent a day searching by Internet, phone, and counter-leaning while guys look through catalogues. Nothing has worked, though one guy found a fitting which fits the hole in the rectangular piece of metal correctly. All I need is a banjo bolt in that end thread with another 7/8" of shoulder about 16 mm wide.

The good news is that I don't need the remotes urgently. I can use the Kubota on the dump trailer, but I'd prefer the Bolens for firewood hauling.

Can anybody help me out?

offending piece.jpghydraulic thing.jpgoil line back to pump.jpg

Attachments

• G174 Loaded.jpg
    G174 Loaded.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 476
  • hydraulic thing 2.jpg
    hydraulic thing 2.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 275
   / Banjo bolt needed #2  
   / Banjo bolt needed #3  
Check on Ebay, I found the banjo fittings I needed for a project there when I couldn't find them anywhere else.

/ Banjo bolt needed
Without a bolt diameter it's hard to know just what you need.

Do any of these 8-10- or 12 mm diameter bolts work for your application. (assuming metric)
List: Banjo Bolt | O'Reilly Auto Parts

or

1 2 BSP Imperial BANJO Bolt Single Fitting

A guy with a lathe could make one, but time is never cheap. I would make it if I needed one.

The shiny fitting in one photo attached to the original article fits properly in a threaded hole (shallow, fine metric threads) I measured at about 12 mm. With threads I'd think it's 13 mm. (I added the plastic wrapper with its codes, but I don't understand them.) The banjo ending on the tube from the pump is about 16 mm, so the shoulder of the BB needs to be at least 16 mm in diameter to fit into the hole. The banjo's 7/8" wide, so with that and 3/8" penetration into the threaded part, I'm looking for a 1 1/4" bolt, plus the head. Some of the Amazon products look to be the right shape, but I can't yet tell if they're the correct thread and size.

/ Banjo bolt needed #6  
You need two banjo bolts, on in the oil line from pump
and one that bolts that manifold to the valve control assembly.
You should have one that is currently holding oil line from pump to valve
control assembly. try this part number at a
massey ferguson dealer # 3702569m1

Attachments

• 100_6028.JPG
    100_6028.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 365
   / Banjo bolt needed
You need two banjo bolts, on in the oil line from pump
and one that bolts that manifold to the valve control assembly.
You should have one that is currently holding oil line from pump to valve
control assembly. try this part number at a
massey ferguson dealer # 3702569m1

The bolt in your photo is definitely the one I need. I tried "3702569m1" on every parts site I could find without success. Other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rod

/ Banjo bolt needed #8  
Make one. Take another one off your tractor somewhere else. Identify its length, diameter and thread count. Check to see if it fits correctly. Buy a bolt at your hardware store. You will also probably need a copper washer, you can get that at the hardware store. Drill the necessary holes like your example and you can install it. This bolt is probably metric but the copper gasket doesn't have to be if it fits.

/ Banjo bolt needed #9  
   / Banjo bolt needed