TF330 Hydrostatic Problem. Not moving.

/ TF330 Hydrostatic Problem. Not moving. #1  

Tonicci

Tractor
Gone,ISEKI TF 330 4wd Hydrostatic, in use Valmet h480 1991,in repair antonio carraro supertrac8400 htm 2005
Hi all.
Greetings from Finland.
I am totally Newbie with this forum and with these small tractors. Never drive one.
However, I just bought from auction TF330 4wd Hydrostatic. At auction was informed, that tractor is working nicely, no smoking... BUT not moving. Auxliary Hydraulics are working.
I will get machine at end of this week, but its nice to know what to do with it.

I did find some explosion pictures from Internet, but I need lot of help with this project.

1. Where to start trouble shooting. Could it be simple problem or more serious...?
2. Step by step instructions with photos perhaps,
3. Links for spare part shop in Europe. (I live at Southern Finland)
I have repair all my machines, cars, tractors, motorbikes etc allways. so I understand basics and also basics from pneumatic and hydraulics , but these small tractors are totally new for me.
If this is expensive damage, one option is to throw away whole gearbox and install Hydraulic pump after clutch and then add strong hydraulic drive motor, so machine is possible to drive from one pedal. Would be good for snow works. Suitable Pump I have all ready. I dont need so much speed...

Previously I did have ford 4000 with snowblower, but it was frustrating to use it with manual gears. Too slow and too big to my yard. windows are too close..

So back in bussiness.
How to get this machine moving/ to working condition??

Also instruction manual would be great to find.. I dont know, what all features it have.

My E-mail is skywalker.t@gmail.com

Last edited:
   / TF330 Hydrostatic Problem. Not moving.
Could not wait till end of the week. .. Machine at home and now first impressions.
Machine was frozen, but here is some troubleshooting. It did rotate ok. , but I did not tried to start it up very long..
- Rear wheels not turning had to pull it from trailer by ATV right side wheel turns. somehow. feels like gear on all the time...
*** Answer from workshop. wheels not turning if not running (rear wheels solved, but front not as shaft is missing)
-Right front wheel jammed.

-Shaft to front end is missing.

-No any responce on clutch pedal. all seems to be ok, from outside.
-Left front wheel empty (rim needs a bit hammer).
-rear end tool attachment missing. Backhoe has been installed.
Adjusting screw under the seat (frontside) is broken. Dont even know, what it is. In knot it reads something. At least "slow" Can be seen in last photo.

So this is where to start this project.
TF330_0.jpgTF330_1.jpgTF330_2.jpgTF330_3.jpgTF330_4.jpg

Manual is very wellcome, if somebody have PDF... :ashamed:
One thing... I can choose from 0 to 4 gear and lever is connected to pedal. Is this machine possible to drive without clutch? Cannot find reverse...

And when i start to look parts, what other brands are same tractor???
Atleast MF1235 should be same machine. Then bolens ? Agco?

Last edited:
I think Iseki 3130 or 3135 is same tractor... Looks too much same.

Damage founded.

At clutch. Small bolt missing and it was smashed between flywheel and cluch box. so when pressing pedal, nothing happens.
->New clutch kit+ pressure bearing. new threads for shaft+ hard bolt with clue.
View attachment 348148View attachment 348151

-Clutch shaft From disc to (input gear hst system) -->teeth broken
Shaft from input gear to Hydraulic transmission -->Teeth broken, bearing broken, bores broken and coupling welded earlier.
cover also broken when bearing has wear out.
View attachment 348149View attachment 348153View attachment 348152

HST shaft not good. 20mm damaged. Should work with extended coupling or if its possible to find Hydraulic transmission main shaft.
View attachment 348150

4wd shaft + couplings missing View attachment 348154

now to market place.... but where to buy these From EU area... Tips???

One question more... 3 point linkage not working. Where it does take power? Not working, because these damages of something else?
Steering pump has pressure. and steering is working. aux. hydraulics reported to be working, but not tested. could this broken adjjust screw cause malfunction of 3 point linkage??
View attachment 348155

Finally putting it back together, hopefully smokes today evening...
New parts ordered or manufactured. New small boreshaft manufactured, new gear installed to clutch shaft, bew bushings, new clutch, bearings, gaskets, oils, filters...
If it works now, I start to look potato planter and tiller (130cm). Snowplough almost done. Chains to rear wheels will be shortened from old tractor chains. almost ready.

/ TF330 Hydrostatic Problem. Not moving. #6  
Thats great to hear! It looks like a very nice tractor. It also sound like you have done a complete overhaul, and it should give you many years of service now. It seems like you should have good luck finding a rotovator in Finland, or Europe. They seem to be in much greater supply in mainland Europe, than here in the States. Post some photos when you get it back together. Thanks for the updates, and congratulations on rebuilding your tractor!

One more problem.... And very hard for me to solve without hydraulic flow charts of this tractor.

Tractor is started and driven back and forward one meter. However, I did broke 2 o-rings.(31 and 34 in explosion pic) from both end of working pressure metal pipe . Both were old and connections has been open but..
Engine sounds that it runs normally and then rpm gets lower.. and same again (short periot when it sounds that something is against smooth running.. and then some seconds normal. like waving. even when I press clutch that whole power train is disconnected. --> only thing what can try to stall engine is hydraulic pump taking too much power. Is there some safety system, what bypass oilflow, if there is something preventing free flow???

I try to explain.
I dont know, but I believe that this tractor has had front loader and backhoe earlier. on right site is hydraulic block (explosion picture number 36). There is other block connected side by side with bolts. (Photo). I think that is for front loader. On that block one pipe is plugged and welded and two connected together with hose.

Before I go to buy plugs and remove that other block I would like to ask question...
Could it be that for front loader (or what ever that block is used for... )there is 2 output and one input... and 2 outputs is now connected with hose??? I think loader has been removed after tractor has been broken, so it is possible that somebody has connect hoses just to keep oils in. Now it try to push full pressure and there is no place for oil to flow? How to test? Pressurized air? or just remove block and plug holes? is there one or two? have to look from explosion pictures... If these blocs are connected like "serial" I understand bit if blocks are side by side, what can cause problems in circulation?

3-point linkage is not working either... no any feel.. can lift it very easily from links.. maybe something is broken also on that or could it be bacause of this hydraulic issue? Atleast pressure pipe continues from that expanded block to block, where is 3 point hitch linkage piston located.
block.JPG
kuva(3).JPG

Last edited:
I think... Maybe... we solved the problem in our coffee place at work.
in some explosion pictures can be seen that if there is no extra block, there is cover where is machined area. --> Oil flows from lower (now welded pipe, which I assume to be pressure out as it is same level with oil pipe from pump) to higher and then to rear end. like 3 point hitch.
Now loop is closed and I broke O-rings 2 times before relief valve opens. (fig 72 above, part 41) Now when o-rings are bit better tractor waves together with relief valve operation..(Increase the pressure, ---> decrease rpm---> relief valve opens ---> pressure down and rpm up.

--> So if I move welded pipe to that what is going right on photo and use hose to make loop between lower (now welded) and higher it should work. Oil should have free flow to rear end.

I try to do that tonight.

Now something done. rear end oil is filled to higher mark. So its full. i did first remove pipe going right from extra block (pointing forward) oil was flowing out. It is plugged now. Hose loop between side connections. (no oil at lower when opened and no oil from that one above along hose). So only where oil was coming out when engine stopped is plugged now. Engine running smoothly. No problem with o-rings, safety valve not opening as I wrote to previous message, so atleast oil is flowing. I test drive the tractor about ten minutes and noticed:

-Power steering working like oil level low. There is no tank? In explosion pictures is shown some modification for these tractors. So this is perhaps later model and example power steering oil tank removed. Maybe something else is then wrong, but steering is acting exactly like there is low oil level. Sticky and noisy.

power steering.JPG

-Differential lock is working, but jumps out quite easy when I stop driving forward. No idea what to do for that. Manual lock? teeth wear out?
-3-point hitch is not working perfectly. Speed cotrol screw should be fully open. Lift a bit. Then nothing. Only small movement. I drive a while and suddenly it was fully up. Anyway not working like it should.
Flow problem?

-Only rabbit 2 position is working. When i push forward to turtle it feels that after lever is close to position N it goes neutral and then tractor do not move. Pushing forward to turtle, nothing. Then I have to push all the way to rabbit 2 and it start to move. From this lever there goes smaller lever to some round plastic piece, where is el. Cables connected. Some sensor? it looks sensitive Plastic lever turning maybe 90 degree. About six cables coming out , but from first connector only 2 continues. One cable was loosen from first connector. Now soldered to that other side cable (only what was free) , no any difference noticed. Only rabbit 2 working. still. I dot figure it out from explosion pictures, that is this turtle, rabbit speed system like mechanical gear (and maybe some lever is broken or loose) or is that rabbit lever controlling something in HST system?
Should I open rear end...
Mid pto, 4wd 100/540rpm pto seems to be working.

Could there still be somekind of flow problem as turtle or rabbit 1 is not working and 3-point hitch not working very well. I would remove extra block, bu i dont have original cover. Only place i have let air out is at bottom of that first block where extra block is connected. But only open it. Intructions says I should also start tractor for 5 sec... Have to try that also...

Last edited:
   / TF330 Hydrostatic Problem. Not moving. #10  
I have a JD 310 back hoe in the fall of 2013 I remember reading that the tractor could be split without removing the front bucket is this done or is it wise to remove the bucket? Thanks