PTO clutch adjustment question

/ PTO clutch adjustment question #1  

NHmitch

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bolens G154/IsekiTX1300F
Hi,
Just a quick clutch adjustment question. I replaced my clutch over the summer, and I think that the clutch may be adjusted wrong, or there might be another issue. I had to adjust the new clutch all the way out under the tractor because the metal bar that attaches the bolt that goes into the underside of the tractor to the clutch housing is bent a bit. When I push the clutch down, there is about .5 of an inch before the clutch catches. When Push the pedal to the floor, and then let it up, it travels about 2 inches before it engages. I opened the peek hole, and I didn't see any major wear or metal fragments. The other problem is the pto turns slowly when the tractor is in neutral, and the pedal is not depressed. I also get a bit of resistance when I first shift into gear. Could this be an issue with the release bearing, or the gears, or something else? Thanks for the help!

I forgot to mention, when I had the clutch changed, I replaced the clutch disk, the pressure plate, and the release bearing.

Last edited: