Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #1  

Brandon35

Tractor
None
Hi guys, I'm not really a new member I lost my password and can't get it to reset so here I am again...
My neighbor has an iseki ts1610 that needs serviced. I wanted to change the hydraulic oil out in it. There are two drains on the bottom of the tractor. One on the transmission and another farther back. I believe I'm suppose to drain both and clean a filter screen that's hiding somewhere.
My questions are:
1) Do I drain from both areas?
2) Do I refill it from the transmission or do I also have to put it in the reservoir behind the seat? Didn't know if they ran together or not.
3) Does it take 5gallons?
4) Where is the screen?
5) anything I should be aware of prior to doing this?

Thx in advance.

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #3  
My answers are from my experience on my TX1500, I do not think it is much different than yours.

1) Do I drain from both areas?
I have three drain plugs, I think you can just open the lowest one (on the pumpkin), but the owners manual says to open all three.
2) Do I refill it from the transmission or do I also have to put it in the reservoir behind the seat? Didn't know if they ran together or not.
I am sure they are connected, I fill mine under the seat.
3) Does it take 5gallons?
5 gallons sounds like a lot, mine takes 3.5 gallons
4) Where is the screen?
Again if yours is like mine the suction filter (screen) is inside the case on the supply tube, follow the supply tube from the injection pump backwards to the end of that tube, if you see a banjo fitting (It looks like the bottom-round end of a Banjo) there, I would bet the screen is on the other side, just undo the banjo bolt, carefully pull out the banjo fitting, you would see the screen right away.
5) anything I should be aware of prior to doing this?
Buy universal hydro oil, $38.00 for 5 gals is a good price around me in a tractor store. My dipstick is under the front part of the seat to one side.

John

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help
Thanks man. Not sure if they are the same but that'll get me close. I'll look again and try to find a dipstick. Mine has a bolt on the side to take out to check oil level. I guess I should just fill til it comes out???

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #6  
If its about halfway up and not a lock-adjustment bolt in any fashion, yes

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #7  
I know this is an old thread but I decided to change the transmission oil on my 1910. I looked for a long time for the drain. There is a drain on each brake, I got water and oil out of one of those. There are two other drains, one under the clutch and another on the housing that was under the housing in front of the fill port. Neither drain did not yield any oil.

I was at a loss to find the main drain. I took off the pull bar in the back and there the main transmission drain was only a few inches from the back of the housing. The old oil was the color of coffee with cream and frothy. Obviously had a lot of water in it.

I went to fill it I thought I had enough oil but my big container of 90w was only 2 gallons instead of 2.5. I had a couple of open quarts of 90w but ended up topping it off with Mobil 1 5w40.

I have owned this tractor for 6 years and regret not attending to this maintenance until today.

Next maintenance will be to change the hydraulic oil.

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #8  
As I recall I have 3 drain plugs on my 1500, been where you are/have been, drain until clear, costs money for more oil, flush system with lowest cost oil, over and over, lowest cost oil is about ($25.00 for 5 gallons at Rural Ring), then refill with hydro oil, you should be fine if no hydro oil seals were ruined.

Just my .02 cents, someone may know much more here,

/ Iseki ts 1610 hydraulic oil change Help #9  
"Next maintenance will be to change the hydraulic oil"

I assume you mean the hydro trans, which I know nothing about, and I have not referred to above,