tx1500 hydraulic help needed

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #1  

keithf1hunting

Tractor
Bolens/Iseki G174/TX1500F - Cub Cadet GT2550
Hi all. I am new to this so I hope I posted in the correct spot. I just changed my hydraulic cylinder on my bolens plow that is attached to my iseki tx1500. Since changing the cylinder, it will only extend. I can get it to retract if I help lift the plow. I think it is air locked but it says to vent the pump while cycling the system. How do I vent the hydraulic pump????:confused:

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #2  
Your hydraulic system ( pump, lines, cylinder) will self bleed the air by repeatedly cycling the control valve. The hydraulic sump ( trans housing) is vented so the air will work itself out as fluid is moved repeatedly through the system. Usually doesn't take much ( 3-4 cycles). Sounds like you have a problem other than air in the system if you have already done this. Was this a new cylinder you put on the plow ( wondering if it was a used cylinder and the seals are bad)? Does the cylinder have full power when it extends or is it just the weight of the plow that helps it extend ( kind of like you lifting the plow to help it retract)?

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed
I bought it with the piston on it but the previous owner said he just put it on cause the old one was leaking bad. It has enough extending force to lift the front of the tractor off the ground. I swap the lines to the angle lines and the same thing happens.

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #4  
On your controlvalve is a screw to make your controlevalve singleacting , needs to close that screw to make it dubbleacting again ! Normaly with a 13mm or 1/2spanner !

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #5  
On your controlvalve is a screw to make your controlevalve singleacting , needs to close that screw to make it dubbleacting again ! Normaly with a 13mm or 1/2spanner ! Did the last owner used it with a tiptrailer ? Single hydr hose ? You want to use 2 hydr hoses ? Change from singleacting to dubbleacting !

Thanks DL for the advice. I checked and it is set up for double acting and the cylinder does have 2 hoses.I did hook it up to my other control switch which controls the angle though a double acting piston and it still doesn't work. I think it may be a bad cylinder but I hate to spend the money if it is not. Does anyone know how to test the cylinder to verify it is bad?

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #7  
If u lift your tractor and it stay there (lift up ) THE SEALS ARE GOOD ! When swopping the hoses the action also swaps ?

when I swap the hoses the action doesn't swap, it will still only extend. When extended it does have enough force to keep the tractor lifted. If I help lift the blade, it stays up as well, no excessive drift that I can tell.

/ tx1500 hydraulic help needed #10  
Given all you've done, you know it has good hydraulic pressure, you have reversed the control lines AND tried a different/known working control valve ( or at least a properly working spool) and you are having the same issue. I have never seen a cylinder with bad piston seals that only leaked in one direction but who knows.....I guess stranger things have happened. Hard to believe even if this was the issue, the cylinder wouldn't leak down when you left it retracted. I would have bet a control valve issue but you have effectively taken that out of the equation.

I'd take the cylinder apart and inspect the seals. If they need replaced it is a relatively easy and inexpensive fix. I have also heard of hydraulic hoses collapsing/ internal damage and the pieces blocking ports. When you switched the hoses, did you change them at the cylinder end or control valve end?

One other thing....are there quick connects involved? They are notorious for appearing seated when they aren't, I have had several issues with this and also read numerous times on TBN where a member was experiencing strange issues that were caused by a bad one.

Last edited: