Dirt Moving The little Bolens G174 that could

/ The little Bolens G174 that could #1  

Rod in Forfar

Platinum Member
Tractor
1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 35DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510, 2020 Kioti Mechron 2200ps UTV Troy-Bilt Horse 2 1988 Case IH 255 4WD with loader and cab
The problem was a set of footings for my friend's new house, surrounded by the edges of the excavation. Vertical rebar for styrofoam/concrete walls prevented the use of a larger tractor.

Faced with a 16 yard pile of washed stone and a deadline, we pressed into service my little Bolens G174 with a dump box on the back. I chose it over the bulkier Kubota B7510 because it is eight inches narrower than the orange one, and has a history of working well in tight places. We loaded the dump box with my 2wd 35hp TAFE tractor.

The naysayers were quickly convinced: On the soggy construction site the 2WD TAFE was stuck every time we tried to do anything but scoop and load, but the Bolens neatly delivered the gravel and had little trouble with the rocks, water, and mud. The three suitcase weights on the front were essential, of course.

Then I made the mistake of walking the Bolens seven miles back home without bothering with the round trip for truck and trailer. That seat is not the best for a one-hour tour down country roads.

/ The little Bolens G174 that could #2  
Nice, but how about a picture of the construction site.

/ The little Bolens G174 that could
Would anyone have a loader which would fit this tractor?