/ Newbie #1  

rjhans53

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910 Ford 8n B
grew up a farm boy in IA (oh so many years ago) so I thought I could fake my way threw this, I still think I can mostly
I purchased a 1910 and it's a mess.
Motor runs (need to use starter fluid to start it cold or even not warm)
all 12 gears seam to catch and work
3 pt hitch works, pto seams to work

The electric on the other hand is bunch of patch work mess.
I think the alternator is gone.. I purchased a single wire from the local auto parts store, it doesn't line up and sits against the exhaust pipe, But with a battery in it starts
None of the indicator lights work
I was told the glow plugs don't work, but the way the electric is I doubt they are even hooked up

I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW IN THE WORLD TO TAKE THE DASH OR THE CANOPY UNDER THE WHEEL OFF so I can get to the fuse block (if there is one).

I'm going to use this tractor for food plots in GA so I could use it the way it is but I would like it "more right"
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Ron

/ Newbie
Thanks!!! that really helps, let me see if I can get that cover off now

/ Newbie #5  
My glow plugs did not work on mine, I bought a starter push button from NAPA, ran 12v power from the battery to the button then to the glow plugs, simple easy fix. 5 seconds of glow and she fires right up.

/ Newbie
Thanks for the imput. I have installed a key switch and have the aux side going to the plugs, I've checked and yep I've got 12v or a hair better. I have a set coming so hopefully it will be a wonderful thing.
I have no warning lights, a friend said something about a universal set of gauges but I'm not sure I would know how to hook them up. The temp sensor I think I've located, it's right behind the radiator if I'm right and it looks like if it gets hot it closes and completes the circuit to ground and the warning light comes on, but I'm not sure. The tach cable is missing, it would be nice to replace and I probably will, just haven't decided yet. Replaced the alt with a 1 wire, had to install it upside down and bend the adjusting arm about 5/8" to get the belts to line up but it's working. The lights work which took a complete rewire and new switch but they work. Has any one put a set of led bulbs in for the headlights and if so how do they work
Thanks
Ron