Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki

/ Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #1  

Kwmcbryde

Tractor
Bolens TX1300/G152
PLEAS HELP

I just purchased a Bolens TX1300/G152 garden tractor with the Iseki 2 cyl 15 hp Diesel engine
This is a 2wd tractor...

Here is where I need your help:

The tractor turns over and is VERY hard to start... I just got a new battery, have drained the fuel tank and fuel lines, put in new diesel and bled the lines, new fuel filter, took out injectors and made sure I was getting fuel at that point... Still no start or may start after cranking a long time.... Any suggestions?

Does anyone know how to check the glow plugs?

Also, the three point lift went up but I cannot get it back down.... Even when the tractor is not running it stays in the up position.... Any suggestion???

You can e-mail me also at
Glmannisto@yahoo.com

Thanks again and I look forward to your suggestions and help

Gary Mannisto

/ Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #2  
First off, be sure not to crank for too long a lime that you burn out your starter.

I check glow plugs with a volt ohm meter, check for 12v (+) at the top of each plug.

I do not think you can check for ohms the same way, I believe you have to disconnect the wires, check each plug for continuity.

Assuming you have 12 volts and continuity they should be working.

If you have continuity but not voltage the controller may be bad, I did a work around with a starter button on mine, if you want to know more just ask,

John

/ Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #3  
I found it best to check the glow plugs by monitoring the amps going to the wire(s) of the glow plugs with a DC amp clamp. I think you can get one of these for less than $50 and they have a plethora of uses around any DC equipment. Amps are usually a better indicator of operation than knowing voltage or resistance, but they are certainly helpful to know as well.

One of my 3-pt units would not go back down and I believe it was a check-ball that was stuck in the hydraulic circuit. I was lucky in that it freed itself after a few attempts of running the valve in the up direction (even though the arms were already in the upmost postion). It broke free and has been working ever since. I did change the oil and the old oil had some water in it which likely caused the problem in the first case (corrosion in the circuit).

/ Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #5  
   / Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #6  
Lets start from the top. Do you that you turn the key on, then you turn the starter
knob counter clockwise to warm the glow plugs until the indicator on the left
side of the dash glows red? then you turn it clockwise to ingage the starter.
Also are you pushing the throttle to almost full throttle for starting.
When engine starts you quickly move throttle to idle until engine
warms up. Also under the seat is an adjustment handle to adjust
how fast the 3 point goes down. If its closed the 3 point is not going
to go down unless it has something very heavy on it.
Here are a few pictures. Also, If you remove the injectors
you should replace the copper gasket/washers. Iseki
suggests the gaskets be replaced after removing injectors.
Also here is a link to the debacle I had with my TX1300f/G154.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/iseki/273164-bolens-g154-iseki-tx1300f.html

Attachments

• 100_6436.JPG
    100_6436.JPG
    477.9 KB · Views: 1,614
  • 100_5722.JPG
    100_5722.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 4,518
  • 100_6031.JPG
    100_6031.JPG
    443.3 KB · Views: 1,646
Last edited:
   / Bolens TX1300/G152 2 cyl 15 hp diesel tractor - Iseki #7  
Check and make sure the starter itself is solid. Try wiggling it. A mechanic found that mine (similar symptoms) was loose: the long bolts holding it together had worked off a bit. A local rebuild and it's started fine ever since.