TX tractor engine curves

/ TX tractor engine curves #1  

Ilikeurtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1300F/TX1500/ TX2160F/TS2220F/ Satoh S370D/S373D
I came across the KE70 and 75 curves so I thought I'd add the K3A and B curves to them and post all of them here so they are easy to access. I'm actually surprised how linear the power curves are for the KE70/5 and how flat the torque curves are. More so than I would have thought. it's also interesting to note that according to the curves, you'd need to run the KE75 up to about 3600 rpm to get 17 hp out of it and apparently the governor (?) on the tractor is set up to not allow engine speeds over about 3000 rpm.

You can use these curves to determine what size of PTO generator you can run to get the 60 Hz (or 50 Hz depending on where you live). For example, if you have a TX1500 (KE75) you'd need to run the PTO on speed 2 at around 2000 engine rpms (752 rpm PTO @ 2700 rpm engine) to achieve 60 Hz (540 rpm on the PTO) on the generator. At this engine speed you can get around 10 hp to the generator system if you subtract about a 10% loss of the PTO gear train. So you'd be able to run about 5000 watts using the general rule-of-thumb of 2hp/1000 watts. Now, if you used 1st gear on the PTO (477 PTO rpm @ 2700 engine rpm) and could run the engine to about 3050 rpm, you'd be able to supply about 14.5 hp to the generator system and get about 7000 watts out of it. Of course the actual output will depend on many factors including the condition of the engine, elevation, fuel quality, and generator system efficiency among others. But at least this should help get you in the ball park to start with and use the curves for similar applications.

Attachments

• K3A K3B K2AS K2BS KE70 KE75 curves.pdf
    487 KB · Views: 156
   / TX tractor engine curves #2  
This is a good set of charts, thank you for sharing them. The narrative about running a PTO generator is informative, too. Great post! May I ask where you found the power curves?

/ TX tractor engine curves
Thanks. I've been looking for the curves for quite a while and saw a repair manual come up on eBay for these engines that showed the index page. One of the index items was performance curves. I figured it was worth the $12 to get the book since I couldn't find the curves anywhere else and I was always curious about these engines. I already had the K3A,B curves from another set of manuals I received when I bought a TX2160 a few years ago.