3-Point Hitch G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity #1  

RProv

Tractor
Bolens G194/Iseki TS1910F
I need a back counter weight for plowing this winter. My G194 has ag tires and this will be my first winter plowing with it. With a 60" power angle and lift plow and 4wheel 18 speed I expect to be able to push like heck.

I've put in a block heater [way more efficient than a tank type heater], while starter was out had it totally rebuilt, new fuel filter and put new glow plugs in.

I can get [right across the road] an already made block with cat 1 size lift pins and top link hole. It's dimensions are: 24"x 24" x 22" which works out to 1100#. I plan to support this with chains on either side when lifted so
I can slightly lower the arms so not to make the 3pth hydraulics take the constant load.

My question is can the cat 1 hitch on this tractor lift this weight or should I "whittle" it down a little? What is the capacity of this 3pth?

Thanks
Rich

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity #2  
no real help to you. beyond stating info should be in the "owners manual" for your tractor.

generally there are 3 manuals for a tractor....
1 owners manual = basic specs, and general greasing, checking filters, checking oil and types.
2 parts manual = just enough drawings to identify a part and get a part number.
3 service / shop manual = more likely full diagrams and how to tear stuff apart and put it back together instruction and how to check things as you go.

contacting a local dealer and/or manufacture should be able to get info over phone or through email

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity
Ryan

Thanks for the reply. Think it's the first one I've gotten on this forum for a few very simple, basic questions I've had on this machine I picked up in Feb 2015. Beginning to think they made one
G194 and I have it. The G172/4 and G152/4 are a dime a dozen but the G192/4's are scarce as hen's teeth it seems.

I have both factory owner's manual and factory service manual [which I am not impressed with compared to other tractor & truck manuals I have] and neither says anything about 3pth capacity.

Rich

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity #4  
I wouldn't put that much on the tractor. I don't have a great reference point but I run 400 pound pto finish mower on my g192. To balance it for mowing I have a front weight of about 300 pounds to keep the front tires from lifting off the ground on uphill turns.

I also have a heavier disk maybe 500 pounds with the same setup The PTO lifts it but is a load. I have used the rear to lift fence posts in dry ground, sometimes tough.

If it were mine I would leave one of my implements on the back at least as a test rather than a specific weight.
Not a great comparison 2wd vs 4wd but it is what I have.

When I plow or move snow I use my Mahindra 3510's 6' bucket and the bushog. The tractor is a lot heavier than the Bolens.

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity
terraformer
God bless you sir. My faith is slowly being restored in this site.

I agree that it is too much to to permanently hang off the back of the G194. Yesterday I went across into to woods, hitched up to it and to my surprise it lifted it all the up. I than ran a length of chain from one lifting pin, up through the top link pin on tractor and down to the other lifting pin. I than let off on the lifting arms slightly so most of stress was on chain. Drove home and parked it. I am thinking of a way to cut it down to to about 4FT^3 which would give me about 600#.

I have a OEM 6' Bolens blade which weighs about 250#. Even though I have 4wd I still need weight on back for good traction. I know this from pushing some briars/brambles out of the ground the other day. Part of the time I had my 4' Bolens finish mower on back and part of time I didn't. Like night and day. However I want more weight than the mower AND I don't want it sticking out to the rear so far. I want about 500-600#.

If this doesn't work I'm going to build a smallish carryall and load it with several containers of scrap iron. Steel is much heavier than concrete.

Rich

/ G194/TS1910 3PTH capacity #6  
I had not considered the cantilever effect. With a mower deck or brush hog the C.G. is much further back than block of concrete or steel. If I were building a counterbalance weight I would make a tray out of steel but if you are having to buy the material concrete would be cheaper.

Here is the front weight that I made for the G192. Used some scrap I beams and welded them into a box, then welded the box to the front bumper of the tractor. Besides weight it acts as way to carry tools and supplies. Besides the wheel weight steel I am running a good quantity of lead.

bolenfrontweight.JPG

I had an Iseki 2205 with a bucket. I hated it. The frame was not well deslgned and the bucket cracked frame. It was totally nose heavy. Had drive shafts running between the engine and transmission, transmission to the fwd case. The G194 looks much better designed.