Pictures of my Bolens snowblower

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #1  

amanda11270

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens Iseki H1502
Last Spring I drove from PA to New Hampshire in this spur of the moment trip to pick up this montrous blower for my H1502. At the time there were all these questions about how much it weighed and will it fit. Well I had to fabricate some mounts for it, as it was originally on a HT20 I believe, however it fits, and the tractor's hydraulics throw it around like its nothing. I may put some drop assist springs on it yet, as I can lower gently, but would rather just be able to drop it when there is actually snow on the ground.

It wasnt as pretty when I bought it, I gave it a good coat of acrylic enamel to protect it from rust.

I stood next to it in the photo to give it some scale as to its size, I about fell over when I first saw it upon buying it, its tall as well as wide. Im 6' 1"

Attachments

• DSC00145.JPG
    DSC00145.JPG
    545 KB · Views: 3,559
  • DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    576.6 KB · Views: 3,724
  • DSC00142.JPG
    DSC00142.JPG
    583.9 KB · Views: 850
  • DSC00143.JPG
    DSC00143.JPG
    598.3 KB · Views: 3,147
   / Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #2  
Springs? Wouldn't an orifice on the one side of the cylinder work better?

Based on the skidding that must have happened in the last picture, I think some rear ballast is in order!

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #3  
I have an HT20 and a blower for it,

standard.jpg

And it has springs on it,

standard.jpg

I never use the blower anymore, I should sell it...any idea what it's worth?

SR

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #4  
Looks great. Hopefully we can get some pics/video of it in operation. Heard it's suppose to be a mild winter this year, but it should still include a few good storms.

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower
Be sure to check the rotation of your PTO if you sell your blower, as that was an issue when I bought my last blower. I had to cut, weld, fabricate to make it spin the correct way.

The tractor actually moves the blower around nicely, my yard is a hill and it had just rained the day before I took this photo. I may put a ballast box on it, but I want to try it in the actual snow first to see how it does.

The guy I bought this big blower from said it was on an HT20, but it was too big for it, so I dont know if it was made for an HT20 or not, I cant imagine it was, its just too big and heavy. I weighed it previously, and I think it was like 340 pounds.

The original mount for whatever tractor it was for, had brackets for drop assist springs, im gonna go that route as soon as I get around to it. Some more fabricating is in order for that.

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #6  
I know a guy that has two 1948s mounted on Bolens large frame tractors which I believe include the HT20. They were made for those tractors with the lift arms and springs setup. I sold him the lift arms and springs that came with my 1948 so he could complete the second tractor. I had plans to mount the 1948 on a G244 which doesn't use the same arms or springs but I still need to complete a loader for it and projects are starting to surpass my ambitions and desires to tackle them.

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #7  
I have an HT20 and a blower for it,

And it has springs on it,

I never use the blower anymore, I should sell it...any idea what it's worth?

SR

In my opinion, that is actually a fairly desirable snow thrower. I'm assuming it takes a counter-clockwise input which is required by the Iseki tractors. A fair amount lighter than the 1948 with only slightly less capacity. I believe they were made by a Canadian company for Bolens and others but the name eludes me now. Might not last quite as long and not as rugged, but if you're only using it a handful of times every year and properly maintain it I'm sure it will last decades even considering how old it already is. Hard to say what someone might pay for it but it is difficult to find any counter-clockwise 2-stage thrower for under $500, and that one already has the correct input rpm and direction for someone with an Iseki. You can modify 3-point throwers but they'll take some work and they are not necessarily cheap either, even used.

Actually, the more I look at your pictures, the more that blower looks like the Kubota B2650 thrower I modified to work on my TX tractors. Chain drive? If so, it is likely the same manufacturer.

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #8  
That is a nice setup you have there. I like your cab to. Do your self a favor and add as much rear weight as you can safely hall around.

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower #9  
A rear blade with added weight on it and front-mounted thrower is a beautiful combination for managing snow...

/ Pictures of my Bolens snowblower
Well we got over 30 inches here in Mechanicsburg this weekend, got a chance to use this blower. I added a electric tilt for the tip of the chute yesterday pending this storm, and the blower works very well. Two things I am going to add to my machine though. Definitely a ballast box, I still was able to use the blower ok, but I can see with the slight incline of my driveway it will definitely help alot. And also when I posted years ago about building my cab, one or two guys were curious if I needed a defrost heater. Every other winter I didnt, well with the amount we got today, I was blowing while it was still snowing today when it started getting too deep, and ice was forming on the windshield from time to time. Im gonna look into a small 12 volt defroster heater.

I can honestly say I would not want this on any smaller of a tractor than my H1502, with it being only 15 HP, it can power it, but I had to manage the speed of the tractor to match the blower snow output due to it being so deep. I was impressed at how well this big thing throws even just a small amount of snow as well, like when I would make a second pass on my driveway. I would say if it were only a one foot snowfall, this blower/tractor combination would laugh at it, 30 inches though, I had to be more strategic in how I attacked it.

I almost forgot, the guy I bought this blower from had the wings off of the front of it, he told me they made it hard to use the blower, he was right. I made one pass today with them on, and pulled it back in my garage to take them off, they add about a foot or more to the width of the blower, and I first thought that was a good thing. But it seemed to catch of the piles of snow and pull the tractor into the snow drift instead of the line I was trying to follow.