hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD

/ hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD #1  

WI_Steve

greetings I have a for the members out there. My loader started stuttering while lifting up the bucket, I thought maybe this was from the fluid. Does the hydro pump have a seperate resevoir from the rest of the tractor or does it combine in one resevoir with the other fluids. I just bought the tractor and suspect that the fluid is still the asian fluid.

/ hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD #2  
It shares the fluid. I have heard of stopped up suction screens causing a problem like you have.

/ hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD #3  
Your tractor has common fluid for all functions. I recommend when ever anyone purchases a "Grey" tractor or any used tractor that you change all fluids and filters immediately before use. You do not know when they were changed last. It is also a good idea to get some oil sample bottles from a local dealer and submit the original oils for testing. Ongoing sampling is also a good idea as it will tell you if there is possible premature component wear or contaminants in your fluids. Who knows... to get the "grey" sold they may have topped up the TDH fluid with engine oil or even water! As for the shuttering of the loader, it could be lack of fluid, wrong fluid, weak pump, too low RPM, was the hydraulic system hot?

/ hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD
thanks for the feedback, Is there a common drain plug for the whole system?, and any ideas of how much fluid it takes to fill this sucker up, and what would be a good fluid to use. THe loader was working fine one day and the next day it started to shutter while raising.

/ hydrolic pump questions on TL2500FD #5  
I hav eTL2300.. 2 weeks ago had same thing happen ,, all is well working fine then stuttered then nothing with the loader or 3 pt lift.. Loaded on trailer tooh it to local tractor repair shop (we only have 1) .. the mechanis had to "break it in half" looked at the pump found a broken rubber o ring put it back together and all is well again.. But befor you go through all that ,, I would as suggested above drain, replace/clean filter.. and try again. I buy the 5 gallon tractor(universal) fluid at either Sams or Auto zone.. Hope this helps... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif