dash light question

/ dash light question #1  

shaun25

Tractor
ISEKI TL 3200
Can anyone tell what the dash light in the attached picture means?The lighting bolt light never goes off.

Attachments

• 20160622_204221.jpeg
    20160622_204221.jpeg
    892.2 KB · Views: 342
   / dash light question #2  
What vehicle??

On a Chrysler 300 could be:

- Low coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
- Stuck or leaking thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

/ dash light question #3  
Does it come on when the key is on and remain on when the engine is running? Looks like it may be the alternator/charging indicator. When it's on, you are running off the battery and the alternator is not charging. Could be a faulty regulator, alternator a disconnected wire to the charge side of the alternator.

Other than that, read the owner's manual. :cool:

/ dash light question
What vehicle??

- Low coolant level

It is a Isuzu motor, I will go through and check you suggestions I appreciate your help.

/ dash light question
Thanks CCWKen, I don't have a manual yet but I got one coming in the mail. It was hard to find a manual but Leonard at Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractors,inc is sending me one...thank goodness. The light does stays on the whole time when I am running the tractor but the battery does not to seem to run down because it starts fine the next day or a few days later and this light has been on for several weeks. I will go through and check your recommendations and let you guys know what it is. I appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

/ dash light question #6  
What vehicle??

- Low coolant level

Let's see. This is a Iseki/Bolens forum. His info says he has an Iseki TL3200. So I'm to take a WAG and say it's for the Iseki tractor and not a car.:laughing:

/ dash light question #7  
Let's see. This is a Iseki/Bolens forum. His info says he has an Iseki TL3200. So I'm to take a WAG and say it's for the Iseki tractor and not a car.:laughing:

You are undoubtedly correct. I wasn't crusing the Iseki/Bolens forum but rather current posts when I saw the question. My bad.

/ dash light question #8  
You are undoubtedly correct. I wasn't crusing the Iseki/Bolens forum but rather current posts when I saw the question. My bad.

Island
No harm no foul. I'm really wasn't trying to be a smart a** but just couldn't resist a little fun when I saw your post. Glad you took it the right way.
Rich

/ dash light question #9  
A lightning bolt is almost universally related to the electrical system. If your battery is staying charged, then the idiot light(that is what we call every light rather than having an actual gauge to read whether it be alternator, engine oil pressure or engine temp.) itself may have a loose wire. Either way, it has something to do with the charging system.

/ dash light question #10  
check your voltage at the battery with a multi meter with the motor OFF... should be 12.4-12.8 volts or there abouts with a good battery. then start your tractor and put the meter on the battery with it running and you should see 14.0-14.6 volts or there abouts...

if it doesn't go up to 14 when you start the tractor then your not charging... from there it could be a lot of things alternator, voltage regulator wire connectors etc... always start with the cheapest, check wires and connections make sure your battery terminals arnt all corroded or anything and from there if you don't find anything id take the alternator off and to an auto parts store to get the alternator tested for free that will tell if its that or a regulator....

best of luck, need more help or ideas post up!