TL3200 ignition switch

/ TL3200 ignition switch #1  

hedg12

Tractor
Iseki TL3200
I have an Iseki TL3200 that has started giving me some problems. It will start and try to run until I let off the key. I did some poking around and believe the problem is the key switch not sending power to the fuel solenoid near the injector pump. I don't have any access to any manuals for this machine, & am unable to locate any original parts for it. I can adapt another switch to it if necessary, but I need to know how the original is supposed to work. Does the solenoid need to be engaged while the engine is cranking and running, or just while the key is in the run position? Also, what's the best way to bleed air out of the fuel system? In my checking I removed both the sediment bowl and the solenoid so I'd imagine I introduced some air, since now I can't get the tractor to fire at all.

Any help would sure be appreciated.
Jason

/ TL3200 ignition switch #2  
Jason I can help a little I have the same tractor and have the manuals. I would check and see what the voltage is at the fuel solenoid. I don't have my manuals with me currently but I think you should get around 12v reading if I remember correctly. Also just check all your electrical connections and make sure they are clean and tight, to include your battery, it may be your voltage regulator also. To bleed the air out you should start with the two screws on the fuel bowl housing and then move to the bleed screw on the injector pump. You will spill a little fuel so be prepared. Also do a key word search in this forum for bleeding air out someone has posted in the past a step by step process with pictures. If it is the key switch I have seen them online or LENS12 Leonard Sheaffer should be able to get you one he also can get you manuals for your tractor.

sheaftractor@grics.net
Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL
Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor

Let us know how it goes and I will check back later and see if you need anything.

/ TL3200 ignition switch
Thanks Shaun. Unfortunately the key switch I have now is bad so I'm not getting any power to the solenoid now. I actually have another switch now that I'd like to try to make work if I can figure out the wiring - If I can't I'll sure contact Leonard Sheaffer & see about getting a proper replacement.

I do have another question - since you have the same tractor maybe you can help. On the fuel block that has the solenoid there's what appears to be a barrel type pump (knurled knob opposite the solenoid), and on the side of the injector pump there's a small round object with fuel lines running to it and a spring loaded lever on the side. Are these both primer pumps, or am I way off base?

Thanks for the pointers on bleeding air, too. I'll try it this weekend and report back.

/ TL3200 ignition switch #4  
Jason, I think you are talking about the round piece with six screws. I have attached a picture. This is the fuel lift pump and I am currently trying to find a replacement or to try and fix mine because I think it might be bad. I keep getting air into my fuel system and have replaced just about everything but this piece and I have read that if this piece is bad it can cause a vacuum and let air in your fuel system. I am going to to try and pressure test the fuel system first because after inspection of this piece it looks its like pain to try and get it off because there is little to no room to get to the nuts.

Attachments

• 20160727_203908.jpg
    20160727_203908.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
   / TL3200 ignition switch
Yes, that's the one with the lever I was referring to. Is the other pump (knob is just visible under the big hose on the left side of your picture) a primer pump then? If so, how much travel is it supposed to have? Mine only moves around 1/8 - 3/16 inch with moderate force applied (it may move further, I just haven't wanted to pull too hard without knowing).
Thanks again for your help.

/ TL3200 ignition switch
Evidently I mis-diagnosed the solenoid problem (or I screwed it up badly enough that it's stuck in the "run" position) because I bled the air out of the system & managed to get the tractor started and running with the solenoid disconnected. I'm back to a point where I can see if I can figure out how the solenoid is supposed to work. Thanks again for your help.

/ TL3200 ignition switch #7  
Jason glad you got the tractor running again. I think you may be right in the solenoid being stuck open. About your previous questions you asked me in referring to the knob and the play it had in it but I am not sure what knob your you are referring to. I don't think there should be any play in the device your are referring to. I did check on my tractor and there is not anything in that area with play in it.

I hope you you get her running good. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shaun