ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this?

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #1  

mdpatterson70

Tractor
iseki tx1500f, mf135 delux, allis-chalmers d14 industrial
This was a great deal of which I just couldn't pass up. After awhile I am able to get the thing started using ether. He is an iseki ts1500f.smokes like s fend and like i said hard to start. Afraid I'm going to burn my starter up. Anyway I am hoping someone has advice. So i need to replace the rings only or a complete overhaul.?.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #2  
might want to check and make sure your air intake valve is all the way open{the one you use to shut down tractor}on my ts2205 when i push in my shut off cable the valve will not open all the way have to use neddle nose and make sure it is open before it will start.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #3  
might want to check and make sure your air intake valve is all the way open{the one you use to shut down tractor}on my ts2205 when i push in my shut off cable the valve will not open all the way have to use neddle nose and make sure it is open before it will start.

Te TX1500 does not use an air shut off, so that isn't the problem. Do the glow plugs work?

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #4  
iirc, these don't have hardened inserts in the head for the valve seats, so expect a valve lapping job to be on the cards and probable valves themselves. Does it knock when its warmed up on tickover? If not a set of rings if you're in there and a deglaze if it's not worked hard in a while. They have a pretty solid reputation as engines go.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #5  
If you can tell us the color of the smoke, we can tell you the source.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #6  
If it is hard starting either glow plugs aren't working or low compression.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #7  
Hard start and smoke?

Signs of low compression.

With the head off, you will better know if only rings are needed. A ridge at the cylinder top will tell.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #8  
If the smoke is white it indicates a plugged air filter, if it is blue it indicates oil is getting in the combustion cylinder. A dark smoke that you can see through is expected on older diesel engines that are running good when pulling hard. My two cylinder 1500F Iseki runs very good, at 40 degrees I have to use the glow plugs for about 40 seconds and with a fully charged battery it will start. I use the largest battery that will fit and any colder than 40 degrees I use a block heater to get it started.

/ ISEKI TX1500F smoking, very hard to start. What causes this? #9  
1. Make sure you are glowing it for 10 seconds.Since your in Arkansas and it is Oct. it should be enough.. but it helps even in the summer to glow it.. and hopefully they work. 2. Change the fuel if it has been setting for a long time. 3. Change the air filter make sure all air intake components are free of grass etc.

If it still starts hard after all of that I would have the glow plugs checked out.